Tired of header leaks , will these manifolds fit a

-
i believe that are the same as a 68-69 dart 340 manifold

$549.00.. can get a set of dougs headers cheaper then that, they have thick flanges that shouldn't leak.

yes they will
I might be wrong here, but wasn't this subject just talked about?? I think Strokerscamp was saying how you can get the same manifolds from a ram truck at a boneyard for 20 bucks each side?? why anyone would pay that kind of money is beyond me, unless it was for a restro. just my .02

I might be wrong here, but wasn't this subject just talked about?? I think Strokerscamp was saying how you can get the same manifolds from a ram truck at a boneyard for 20 bucks each side?? why anyone would pay that kind of money is beyond me, unless it was for a restro. just my .02

They are not the same. I think $500+ is on the high side (but they can and do sell for that).

i believe that are the same as a 68-69 dart 340 manifold

$549.00.. can get a set of dougs headers cheaper then that, they have thick flanges that shouldn't leak.

I have Dougs and had no leaking problems for a long time, then all of the sudden, I keep blowing gaskets. Next set of gaskets I'm getting are the ones that come with the headers because they are about twice as thick as regular gaskets, and I'll run a small bead of the copper gasket sealer around them. I've done that in the past with good results, but haven't used it lately. Only problem with that is that if you need to take one off for some reason, there's no chance of being able to reuse it.

I'm going crazy with the headers/ manifold choice . Heard good things about dougs , but to fit them is harder than manifolds , taking a sawzall to the headers in there now , hooker SS super comps .
Motor tested 390 hp 413 lbs torque with headers , how much would be lost with manifolds ? If under 20 hp it's worth never having a leak and going manifolds .
Have 5 months of storage t decide .
And 412 Stroker the car is a complete resto , numbers matching show winner , but will be driven , orig motor is in storage , manifolds would make it 100% they were the only thing not original

I'm going crazy with the headers/ manifold choice . Heard good things about dougs , but to fit them is harder than manifolds , taking a sawzall to the headers in there now , hooker SS super comps .
Motor tested 390 hp 413 lbs torque with headers , how much would be lost with manifolds ? If under 20 hp it's worth never having a leak and going manifolds .
And 412 Stroker the car is a complete resto , numbers matching show winner , but will be driven , orig motor is in storage , manifolds would make it 100% they were the only thing not original

If you want manifolds for a 340 Dart I'll sell you mine for $100 plus shipping. A coat of paint and they will look just like the ones on Ebay. I pulled them off my
340 Dart to put on a pair of Dougs. No leaks at all.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117911

Then I guess you need those manifolds, thats why I said unless it is for a resto which apparently yours is, Nice very nice car btw.

okay , Ill take them , unless shipping is crazy . thabks .

Just run copper header gaskets if you have trouble blowin um. They won't blow again.

I have Dougs and had no leaking problems for a long time, then all of the sudden, I keep blowing gaskets. Next set of gaskets I'm getting are the ones that come with the headers because they are about twice as thick as regular gaskets, and I'll run a small bead of the copper gasket sealer around them. I've done that in the past with good results, but haven't used it lately. Only problem with that is that if you need to take one off for some reason, there's no chance of being able to reuse it.

try these.. they are good stuff.. http://catalog.remflex.com/

I use Percy Aluminum gaskets for the header...I use it on the head side and at the collector. You can reuse them also..I haven't blown them out. Over 6 years and counting and also had a couple bolts work loose a little on the head side and gaskets still workin wit no leaks...Headman Headers...

Cut the flanges between the last and middle tubes and between the middle tubes and the front tube. Done! Never leak again!! Done it many times.... Don't be scared! Do it! It really works.

okay , Ill take them , unless shipping is crazy . thabks .

If your really looking for a total resto those manifolds are not correct for your car. They are the wrong year and casting numbers.The one's you saw on ebay are correct. They are getting harder to come by and that guy's price isn't out of line.

I use Percy Aluminum gaskets for the header...I use it on the head side and at the collector. You can reuse them also..I haven't blown them out. Over 6 years and counting and also had a couple bolts work loose a little on the head side and gaskets still workin wit no leaks...Headman Headers...

Love those aluminum gaskets. NO LEAKS!!!!!

If your really looking for a total resto those manifolds are not correct for your car. They are the wrong year and casting numbers.The one's you saw on ebay are correct. They are getting harder to come by and that guy's price isn't out of line.

This is right if you are looking for exact 1970 manifolds mine are not for you. If you are looking for just manifolds to replace the headers then mine would work. I also recommend the REMFLEX gaskets that someone brought up.

I tried some of the Cometic MLS gaskets and they sucked. Kind of made me a little gun shy of any solid (non-composite) type gaskets. I may give those Remflex ones a shot, though.

i had cooper ones on my amx with headers and sucked and leaked.... ive installed some of the thicker aluminum ones for customers and work very nice

This is right if you are looking for exact 1970 manifolds mine are not for you. If you are looking for just manifolds to replace the headers then mine would work. I also recommend the REMFLEX gaskets that someone brought up.
Would like proper model for the car , thought your's were proper , passenger side is definatly not .
Damn , hard to find the right part

-
Back