tired of the flowmasters...........

-

prodart340

Reaction score
I currently have a set of 3" 40 series flowmasters on my dart. The droning is really getting old and I'm looking for something a little different in sound but still capable of "breathing" well, any suggestions from you guys?

Looking at the Spin tech for my Dart. anybody used them?

I currently have a set of 3" 40 series flowmasters on my dart. The droning is really getting old

Yep it does get annoying in a hurry...

Ultra Flows are what you should be looking at...IMHO

great price great qaulity great sound from my thrush welded summit had it to me in 3days. imo the thrushturbo is bunk the sound is really low this one is quiet but not to queit

The thrush welded is a copy of the flowmaster 40 series, He wont be any different for him

3X hooker Aero chambers! sound bass with an X pipe, and the inside is stainless i believe. flowmasters SUCK.

Dynomax Super Turbo

or

Dynomax Welded Ultra Flows

I have ran both. The Super Turbos have less bark but still a great sound.

The Ultra Flows (what I'm running now) can be a bit on the loud side but i love them.

I love the way a Borla sounds:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AcIiq_HqY"]YouTube - ‪Mopar 383 with 2.5" Borla exhaust‬‏[/ame]

Dynomax Welded Ultra Flows

YEP!

The OP didn't say whether the exhaust was running out the back or at least past the axle. This plays a huge roll in drone especially if the system has been "dumped".

Here is what it supposed to sound like...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIAJmV3RMg"]YouTube - ‪511 68 Dodge Dart‬‏[/ame]

YEP!

The OP didn't say whether the exhaust was running out the back or at least past the axle. This plays a huge roll in drone especially if the system has been "dumped".

Here is what it supposed to sound like...

YouTube - ‪511 68 Dodge Dart‬‏

Thats a very nice sound - I get the same sound from a Magnaflow dual exhaust with x-pipe but I have to roll it down to the street to start it because it gases me out of the garage/house. I have been very happy with the Summit racing exhaust. It has a great rumble and no backpressure. I can even have a conversation during a cruise.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-638222/

the car is tubbed and it dumps just short of the rear axle, but while I'm changing mufflers I am planing on doing something along the line of a "boom tube" side exit

the car is tubbed and it dumps just short of the rear axle, but while I'm changing mufflers I am planing on doing something along the line of a "boom tube" side exit

I ran my car for awhile with it dumped with 40 Flows. I can relate to the drone. I installed X pipe,Dynomax Ultra Welded, and had the exhaust ran all the way out the back. But I don't like them to be seen or use chrome tips so I had them empty out at the quarter corners.

Cherry Bomb "Vortex"....love 'em on my car. Perfect amt of rumble/bark with now droning

-
Back