Tires are killing Craigslist

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Encourage all of you to poke at Craigslist to try and get them to establish a separate wheels and tires section. Used to be able to scan down through "auto parts" but now we have the "used tire" scammers, and it's become almost impossible. The Spokane area is not that large a market, I can only imagine how bad the larger cities must be

i have been sending CL emails for years on that very subject. we are inundated with BS tire adds and scams. the same people with the same adds 10 times a day. idk how they get away with it

And they are all priced at 90 percent of retail for worn out cracked dry POS's

Same here. Wouldnt be so bad if they would list all there tires under one post. But they put up seperate ads for every size.

yeah,they should call it "craigstires"

I don't get many people to agree with me, but Craig's List is just a site for junk crap, and someone trying to scam somebody! When there is a link posted on this site for a car or parts, I just skip right over it. I really think its just pollution for a good site like FABO

I don't get many people to agree with me, but Craig's List is just a site for junk crap, and someone trying to scam somebody! When there is a link posted on this site for a car or parts, I just skip right over it. I really think its just pollution for a good site like FABO

The fact is, I've bought a wealth of parts of Craigs for the Dart. But it IS getting more difficult to search and navigate

The Dart itself!!! came off Craigs!!!

The 360, which developed a low end knock, but may go back in

The (turned out to be) low miles 318 in there now

The A727Torqueflite, still in the car and works great

The reverse/ manual valve body

The seats

The Holley EFI

and before that, 2 different Ed AFB's

The intake on the car, and one other

The rear tires and wheels

The tach

The air cleaner!!

The power/ relay box under the hood

The current B&M Pro-Stick shifter, right in town, with a brand new cable

Two junk cars, a Demon and Duster, for front end parts, K member

A great buy (tho with no title) for a very straight 67 body, complete, straight, with all glass was a tremendous buy

Ya hafta put up with the bs to get the deals. Just got 2 bfg's with 30 miles on them for my gtx for $80. You can't beat that with a stick. Tire ads aren't that bad around here.

Ya hafta put up with the bs to get the deals. Just got 2 bfg's with 30 miles on them for my gtx for $80. You can't beat that with a stick. Tire ads aren't that bad around here.

All I'm sayin is they need a separate section. Here's a sample from "just now" in Spokane. Out of a short list of 18 listings, exactly half are tires. Much of the time, these are scammers who keep r-r-r-r--r-r--re-re-re-re-re-re-reeeeeee listing em to keep 'em "topped."

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 164
I have bought my last 4 vehicles, my duster , the charger, 2 jeep cherokees and 2 engines/transmissions , not counting numerous carbs/intakes , rims and even a few tires off CL, but the tire adds should have their own section. I shop CL on a regular bases. hell , I got my 2000 lbs engine hoist for 50 bucks.

All I'm sayin is they need a separate section. Here's a sample from "just now" in Spokane. Out of a short list of 18 listings, exactly half are tires. Much of the time, these are scammers who keep r-r-r-r--r-r--re-re-re-re-re-re-reeeeeee listing em to keep 'em "topped."

I flag the crap outta the spammers. When I search cl I put exactly what I'm looking for in the search box.

Same here. Wouldnt be so bad if they would list all there tires under one post. But they put up seperate ads for every size.

That's how I did it. Had all my tires in one ad with a few pics and stated that they could call or text for info or more pics

I have bought a bunch of quality tools off eBay as well as quite a few tools. No different then the newspaper or eBay, you have to dig through the garbage to score the good items.

I go to the top and enter "Mopar Parts" to bypass all the other crap. I did get a great deal on 8 18" tires for the wife's Taurus X from a guy who gets take-offs from used cars that get GM certified. But I agree, there are the same ads reposted EVERY DAY by some. I entered her tire size at the top or I would still be looking thru all the tire ads in the Pittsburgh area. That filter option is great!
As others have stated, I found, some great parts on CL. Also scored some deals on building materials for my garage.

I go to the top and enter "Mopar Parts" to bypass all the other crap. .

I know how to search, and do so a lot. But keyword spamming has changed a lot of that, too.

The problem is I don't always WANT to search. Such things as seats, carbs, etc, are not Mopar specific.

So we are back to the original: Tires and wheels need their own category.

-
Back