tires rubbing

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Ok some of you have heard about my little problem with my SS springs and tires.
I have decided to either go Offset hangers and shackles or a small spacer like 7/32 or 5/16. If i go with a 7/32 will it be a good size difference or will i need alot of room?

What size tire are you running? I'm using a 5/16" spacer with my 5" offset rims on a 255/60/15. I have about 1/4" clearance to my SS spring clamp now that was barely rubbing before the spacer. I would go much larger on the spacer as it eats up threads pretty quickly. I was suprised...

so 1/4 or 1/8 spacer and maybe open lug nuts so that i get more threading than stock lug nuts.

or extended lug nuts or what about adapters? Im just asking becasue i really want to do this without the hassle of welding anyhting

The big problem with spacers, is that most are made of Aluminium, and your wheel center (hub) does not sit on the axle hub. The rim needs to supported on the center to ensure no run-out.

This can be extremely dangerous.
Be Very carefull, my .02.

All the best!

what about wheel adapters? There is no other way for me

like a hub centric adapter. since they have their own wheel studs

ok the tires are hitting the springs... On the pass. side its hitting the very last leaf in the set, the smallest one. It looks as if it has shifted outward towards the tire and thats why there is low clearance. If that was to move back in, I would have clearance, not alot but tires would not hit

ok the tires are hitting the springs... On the pass. side its hitting the very last leaf in the set, the smallest one. It looks as if it has shifted outward towards the tire and thats why there is low clearance. If that was to move back in, I would have clearance, not alot but tires would not hit

Smack it with a hammer, it'll go back in where it belongs

tried that, when i ower the car it comes back but even then i only have about
- - the amount of gap between those two lines give or take a little

Are the spring clamps still on the springs holding them
together? That could be the cause of the bottom leaf moving.
I removed the rear clamps on my S/S springs, but I did not
remove the fronts. I'm running 275/50-15 out back with 15x8s
with 4 1/2 back space. No rubbing problems.

ya there brand new...nothing removed. should i remove the rear?

also i seen your setup and you have a crap load more room then i do.. i have 4.50 backspacing

-
Back