TIRES TO FILL IN THE VOID ON 17" RIMS-my new tires suck

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
67 Barracuda had 255/50/17 could not find a tire in that size anymore. I had Riken tires before they suck too with 20,000 miles they are cracking already venders say the do not make them anymore. Just installed 275/40/17 out back and it looks really small. So what I am asking is what is everyone running on rear with 17 inch wheels that looks good. To me they look really small low profile. They grip good but looking for something to fill up the wheel well. I lowered the car an inch and it helped a bit. 17x9r 17x8f. willwood disc in front and 8.8 11" in rear

Last edited:
You probably want 50 series of tires it will add about 2" in diameter.

I run 275/50/17 and it has a nice sidewall because the diameter is 27.5 inches. I showed them to a few people and they don't even notice they are 17's until I tell them.

Sorry bro, they don't make 17s that look good on our Abodies

Period

17's are about perfect. 18's are a little big so tire and ride height are more important. But as the thread suggests, tire selection for 17's is getting a little limited. 17's with ~26" tall tires is the way to go IMO, but it's getting harder to find the right widths to do that.

14's, on the other hand, look stupid. :poke: But I don't post that in every person that runs 14s' thread. He asked about tires, not your antiquated opinion on rim diameter.

I think 17 looks great. Can't get 16s with brakes. It seems 17s are the new 14s no tire selection

IMG_4837.PNG

Ok I got some 5/16 wheel spacers and moved them out looks a lot better thanks for the info everyone.

IMG_4843.PNG

They are cooper tires the ride is nice and they grip a lot better than the Riken tires did.

I find it hard to believe that with all those mustangz out there on oem seventeen inch rims, there are few good tires available.

But I don't post that in every person that runs 14s' thread. He asked about tires, not your antiquated opinion on rim diameter.
i was simply explaining why he cant find any good tires (or rims, for that matter) that look good on his car
as for antiquated, hes not asking what looks good on a 2017 hello kitten, hes asking about a 1967 barracuda, thats a half a century old car...i think antiquated fits that car just fine

oh, and just FYI, im only running 14s up front now, i had to upgrade the rear to 15 because i couldnt find any tires for the 14X10s i was running

guess i better get my 18"s off the car before the antiquated police come an get me......LOL

btw, car looks good logan!

I would love to run 15s on the car a could get a lot of meat back there but I thought it might look funny with 17s in front I don't think 16s will even clear my rear calipers. I do appreciate all the comments Everyone has an opinion and the purist I applaud keeping the original, original. If everyone modernized them no one would no what they looked like. Sometimes I wish I would have kept the slant six. But when I'm running down the highway at 85 mph turning 2100rpm not so much. That's why I ask opinions here and not my friends everyone here generally has good points positive and negative.

-
Back