tm7 cut up?

-
Not for looks, strength or alignment but other than that it's fine.

..........I'm guessing that there must of been some sealing problem......old timers used to cut hedders like that to help them seal......its a 50/50 gamble, but personally I don't like that idea....kim.....

How do you deal with the exhaust crossover ports?

You either have to run heads without them, or run the intake valley pan gasket with them blocked off. Those are getting kinda hard to find though.

I bought intake gaskets, with a stainless shim included, to cover the crossover. Never had to use it, so I don't know that it works?

Those will not work without the missing pieces that some genius cut out of the intake. The piece I am talking about is the one piece valley pan with the crossover passages made closed. That would work for you if you can find one.

it doesn't matter what intake valley pan gasket you use with the tm7 you will have one massive exhaust leak on both sides. to use that intake you need to have the cut out pieces welded back in.

it doesn't matter what intake valley pan gasket you use with the tm7 you will have one massive exhaust leak on both sides. to use that intake you need to have the cut out pieces welded back in.

I think you're right Bob. Exhaust would blow right past the thin steel with nothing to hold it down.

I think you're right Bob. Exhaust would blow right past the thin steel with nothing to hold it down.

That's exactly what I was going to say. There has to be some sort of thick metal that will apply clamping force on that gasket to seal it down. Your going to need heads that either have the crossover passages filled in or no crossover passages at all. Or, you could have the pieces welded back in but that will surely warp the intake flanges and at that point I would have no idea how you would fix that.

I had a pair of 440 heads that somebody welded the exhaust ports closed on.... I suppose that would work too.... (welded them i, then sealed over with hi-temp silicone) that was so they could use a performer intake with a cracked crossover port.... (at least I think that is why... cuz the bottom of the intake had silicone on the bottom hiding the crack!

Yeah ill pass.the gut us a jerk also.he said he cut it fir better cooling lol he said it's own a custom ship my ***

That manifold runs well in dyno tests.
I ran a Torker (same basic manifold but with less runner cross sectional area) on a 383 and it ran GREAT!
I bought one for me 440 project and can't wait to run it.
They make massive torque!

-
Back