to beat a GM 602 crate

-
If there anything like the create motors up here, it gives them a license to cheat, used create engines are going more than new ones if that tells you anything.

If there anything like the create motors up here, it gives them a license to cheat, used create engines are going more than new ones if that tells you anything.

I here you, people up here get new seal kit and take there crate apart.Big cam, light crank/rods etc and get to run a 4 barrel. Tech don't bother them because of correct seals....A deaf person could hear the difference.

It was the same deal with legend race car sealed motors. Deepest pockets win

av gas is blended to be burnt at air craft altitude,..seen some run it an do ok,..seen some lean out an melt stuff,...same with any gas gotta tune for it but it is different to tune!

av gas burn up motors? it has lead and used to have TEL in it to prevent knocking

did they buy a grade a fuel instead? some fuel is a mix of jet and av gas

Sorry to bust your bubble. Not all avgas is fully leaded. Shell produces 3 grades of avgas; 100, 100LL, and 82UL. The only one of these that is fully leaded is the Avgas 100. http://www.shell.com/global/products-services/solutions-for-businesses/aviation/shell-aviation-fuels/fuels/types/avgas.html I imagine that other producers have similar products.

Back in the day when we could get up to about 103 from a street pump, we ran a short track race engine with 11.5:1 compression with no heating issues on the engine.

If you run into something that looks like 100/130, those are ratings depending if you are running a lean or rich mixture on the motor. The lower number is more reliable for this sort of discussion.

I've only ever seen avgas 100.

i don't really deal with the stuff as i work on turbine powered helo's.

either way i figured at 100 octane its still better than 93 which is the highest i seen around here

some marinas at lakes I've seen sell higher grades

I've only ever seen avgas 100.

i don't really deal with the stuff as i work on turbine powered helo's.

either way i figured at 100 octane its still better than 93 which is the highest i seen around here

some marinas at lakes I've seen sell higher grades

theres alot more to a gas blend than lead an octain,...im no chemist so i wont even try to get into it but there is,...most crate racers round here run E85 of some sort with great results (rattman E85 has best dyno numbers)but need to keep a good check on the %s first time its E90 or E75 bad things happin! stuff burns cold,...after 30 hot laps carb be cold an moister be condensing on the carb an intake

rules say no alcohol of any kind period which technically outlaws e10/15 at the pump

back in the day people used to use gasohol. e85 is just cheap race gas. growing up all the only fuel i ever saw go in a race car was alcohol for the modified and sprint car and nitro into my uncles funny car

The local rules say if it is "pump" gas it can be run and that is how they run the E-85 in their two barrel modifieds.

D.) Only leaded and/or unleaded gasoline will be permitted for competition. Standard pump gasoline is recommended. Racing gasoline will be permitted.
E.) Alcohol, Methanol, Nitrous oxide, nitrous methane, propylene oxide or any type of additives will not be permitted.

leaded or unleaded GASOLINE
alcohol or additives are banned

i doubt they check but if you read the rules how they are written.

-
Back