To go or not to go. Roadkill invitation for the duster.

Go or no go?

• Heck yeah!!

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Waste of time and money

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
-

Burlapen

Reaction score
So we got an invitation to go to Tucson to race in the $3k hooptie challenge for a new Roadkill spinoff they are making. Unfortunately we only got a weeks notice which basically leaves me one weekend to wrench in the car. I need to install a cam and get the nitrous hooked up. Another obstacle is that even though the duster will make a road trip of that distance (1500 miles round trip) I would feel a whole lot better trailering it if I’m going to be spraying the stock short block. Oh yeah...I don’t own a truck or trailer. Lol. It would be a big rush again to get it together but it might be a cool chance to have some fun and be on the show....or per their disclaimer, get all the way there to do nothing but spectate. Thoughts?

F3A1F728-CCB2-4B8C-BF4C-E0BAF64E9CA6.jpeg

DB08258A-7CDA-4C53-AAFB-72E96DBDD518.jpeg

8A1590BC-36DC-4158-8A34-1ABBC95951C5.png

So we got an invitation to go to Tucson to race in the $3k hooptie challenge for a new Roadkill spinoff they are making. Unfortunately we only got a weeks notice which basically leaves me one weekend to wrench in the car. I need to install a cam and get the nitrous hooked up. Another obstacle is that even though the duster will make a road trip of that distance (1500 miles round trip) I would feel a whole lot better trailering it if I’m going to be spraying the stock short block. Oh yeah...I don’t own a truck or trailer. Lol. It would be a big rush again to get it together but it might be a cool chance to have some fun and be on the show....or per their disclaimer, get all the way there to do nothing but spectate. Thoughts?

View attachment 1715144437

View attachment 1715144438

View attachment 1715144439
borrow a truck and trailer, give it a shot !

I'd go for it!
Would you rather regret something you did, or something you didn't do?
If nothing else, regretting something you did do comes with a much better story! Sounds like an adventure waiting to happen to me.
If anything was to break, you'd be in good company.
I'd rent or borrow a tow vehicle if I had to.
If it's at all feasible, I wouldn't pass it up...but that's just me.

Remember some of the adventures the 20 year old you had, and when you think back you said "Wow, I cant believe we did that, I would never do that today!" Time to be that guy again! Lol.

When I think about all the crazy things I've done throughout my life (many very dangerous) I managed to survive and would do it all again (except maybe grabbing that wild squirrel with my bare hands....that was a big mistake!!!:BangHead::mad:

You only live once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treblig

Tell them I'll sub for you.:D
No nitrous though.

just hurry up and get there
the 3000 prize will easily cover the towtruck back if you blow the engine

Pieces seem to be falling in place. Had a buddy offer a trailer and there may or may not be a new cam headed my way

Remember some of the adventures the 20 year old you had, and when you think back you said "Wow, I cant believe we did that, I would never do that today!" Time to be that guy again! Lol.
20 year old me is DEFINITELY lucky to be 40 year old me now.

I have absolutely no idea what it’s going to take to be competitive. I’m hoping for 12 anything on motor and 11 anything on a 150 shot.

I just did the zip tie drags in Tucson last month. Great time! The roadkill events are great. Can't recommend them enough!

-
Back