To much pressure

-

cuda20

Reaction score
I just had a BB stroker built for my 67 cuda. The problem is it has way to much crankcase pressure and keep's blowing oil out everywhere.{ie intake,timing chain cover, oil pan. Fix one leak and it just spring's another.Why is this happening???

I have the evac setup on my stroker for accsesive crank pressure.I guess crank pressure has to go somewhere?

yes pvc system working and breather's are new.Evac set-up sound's like the next move.

If its all working, you have a problem with the rings seating, did you use low tention rings? are you using synthetic oil/ did you use syn oil during break-in?

I'm using Joe Gibbs break in oil. Someone else said the same thing about the rings.seating. The motor only has maybe one hour running time. keep's springing leak's.Motor is that new.

i would let it leak until you get several more hours of run time, best way to break it in would be to drive it under load, giving short full throttle, in high gear, from idle to 4k or so. i would still double check your pvc system & breather.

I would look into why you have so much crank case preasure? This is comp. that is getting by your rings. Did you gap the rings? Did you start with a round bore, was it bored and honed properly? Last may have a broke piston ring!

Possibly standard rings in an over bored engine? Even if it is new and not broken in, it should have that much blow by to overcome the breathers. Sounds like it is time to open it up after a leak down test. It will tell you which cylinder(s) it is.

Chuck

Put some miles on it, varied RPM, varied load. If the rings don't seat within 500 miles, you have a problem.

-
Back