To tint or not to tint?

-

TRD08

Reaction score
Alright guys, so its almost spring here in WI, and lets just say I have a little bit of money to spend and i wanted to put a little of that in my barracuda.

One thing i was considering is whether or not to midly tint my windows on it?

What do you guys think? I like that blue ish tint, adds a bit of "flavor"

p113632_large+1964_plymouth_barracuda_coupe+front_left.jpg

mine:

6466.jpg

I like a mild (legal tint). I don't care for the real dark tint.

When people give me the thumbs up I like knowing they can see me wave back.

I wouldn't do blue tint. I think 50% all the way around would look pretty good - light enough to see through but dark enough to look good. Plus you'd be amazed how much cooler it keeps the car.

these are the times i wish i was good at photoshop haha. i'm thinking blue, or nothing.

I wouldn't go too dark, especially on the door glass, I had tinted windows on my Anglia in High school, they doors were too dark and it was real hard to see when parking or turning into a driveway at night.

I would do the blue tint but light. It's not a permanent mod. you could always redo it later on if you don't like it. I'm just thinking that with that much glass it would help in the looks and cooler driving.

I say go for it. I tinted just my rear window with a semi-reflective film and it looks good, not too 'obvious.' I was afraid to do it because I thought it might look cheesy, but the guys at the tint shop convinced me. Maybe you could get a few samples to tape on and give you an idea of how it would look?

I`m thinking of doing just the rear window of my `68 fastback. You may want to check with your state laws as some tints are illegal in some states.

A mild smoke tint would look nice with that blue paint.

i always liked the looks of the rear windows tinted, i couldnt imagine tinting that back window myself, i had a hard enough time with the curvature of my valiant rear window.

I forgot to mention that the rear window is tough to do, it must be done in 3 pieces. I tried to warn the tint shop about this but they quoted me a low price on the job anyway. The guy insisted he could do it in one piece and ended up wasting many hours and expensive film.

By the way, check out the website Tintdude, it is pretty interesting.

black tint or no tint...i think the blue looks kinda like what some import kid would do

I would stay away from the blue. Go for a light smoke tint. Blue would look cheap, IMO - like ricer cheap - you know, when people just throw a bunch of Pep Boys-type add-ons at a car and think it makes it look better.

of course, this is assuming the side window was up :)

thanks, could you do a light smoke color, or just a light tint overall like most people are saying i should do?

thanks!

and thanks guys for the responses.

thanks again guys, i have the state traffic law statute book so i have all the laws.

I was contemplating the same thing with my car.

I think that dark rear windows and quarter glass for sure, maybe a milder tint for the front door glass because Ga law is pretty strict on side tinted windows.
I think dark tint on muscle cars is bad ***.

See my 1967 Dart GT Convertible

Attachments

• 67DgDartGT.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 215
-
Back