Today I Have a Teenager

-
Should've been renting out Nella for a little pre-emptive nerve wracking to you guys!! That little sweet pea will test the intestinal fortitude of even the most hardened fathers out there!! She's 15, in a wheelchair and has an attitude just like, well, her mother!!

Good luck guys!! Geof

The first 30 years of parenting are the hardest.

when my daughter was about 15 I looked at her 1 day & asked " Who are you & what have you done with my daughter? " now she's 33 & named her 1st son after me. I always say I must have done something right. oh, we have 3 boys & my wife says she would rather raise boys any day. Good luck!

It's true the teenage years are difficult. At the same time though it's important to celebrate them as individuals and not just label them 'crazy teenagers.' It is eye-opening to see the parent/teen dynamic in other cultures where there is less rebellion and more affection...I was visiting another country and I said to the mother of a teenager "I bet you'll be glad when school starts again" and got a puzzled answer, "No, I enjoy having my daughter around the house."

-
Back