Today I Have a Teenager

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
My daughter turned 13 today. So, now I have a teenager living in my house. Should I get the closet ready for occupancy, or should I just hand over my sanity and my wallet?

Congratulations on your Daughter's birthday.
My advice, enjoy it & take it in.
My daughter's birthday is today also, she turned 22. it seems like just yesterday she was 13.
There will bad times & good times, hopfully more good than bad.

Program your speed dial.
1) Assistance with aliens.
2) Exorcist services.
3) Ghost busters.
4) Travel agent.
5) Banker/lender.
6) Shrink (for you).

:shock:

13 isn't bad.
Wait until 16 to 18 when they start thinking that their parents don't know anything and they know everything and have all of the answers......

13 isn't bad.
Wait until 16 to 18 when they start thinking that their parents don't know anything and they know everything and have all of the answers......

Pah.......I raised three girls and they knew more than Mom and I long before 16.

Middle school is usually when it starts. It's a wonder I have any sanity left.

My 18 year old still thinks we're dumba$$es.

I can still remember a fridge magnet on a customer's house, when working on their heating

"Teenagers, quick!!! Move out now while you still know everything!!!"

I can still remember a fridge magnet on a customer's house, when working on their heating

"Teenagers, quick!!! Move out now while you still know everything!!!"

Yup, we have it posted on our fridge:

Teenagers, quick move out, get a job and pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

My girls, one or all of them would tear it off and throw it away.

I would just print another one and put it right back. :D

Pah.......I raised three girls and they knew more than Mom and I long before 16.

Middle school is usually when it starts. It's a wonder I have any sanity left.

My 18 year old still thinks we're dumba$$es.

Well, under your own admission you are half a bubble off.......lol

teenagers are not so bad. just as long as you have duck tape and wire ties! no they are not so bad my son is 18 applied for the Marines and if that does not work out then he will go to northwester ohio university auto diesel reck. daughter of 15 already working hard to get into unisersivty of Maryland, crimal investgation.

Fasten your seat belt and keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times. Enjoy the ride!

I feel your pain man. My youngest daughter will be turning 13 as well in six days. I also have a 17 year old daughter so I already know what to expect. All I can say is invest in some patience. You are going to need a lot of it!

You said a mouthful right there.

We had two teenage girls, so I advise that you stock up on restraint also.
They loved to fight with each other, and one day I heard them screaming at each other in the dining room so I went to see what was going on.
They were having like a knife fight with plastic forks, and both of them had broken off fork pieces stuck in thier arms and faces.

my sympathies :)

First thing...never react to the first think that comes out of their mouth..

God turns them feral in grade 12 so you want them out of the house and much as they want to get out of the house after grade 12..

Having one of each, I would rather 6 boys would be easier to one girl..mind you, a friend has a son just like my daughter...

Wouldn't trade her for anything..well worth the effort..but it doesn't stop at high school..christ, university is expensive..mine is in her second year...son heads out this September..

HOOOOOOOOOLD ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN , it is going to be a bumpy ride :)

I only had sons luckily. I can't add much more to whats been said. Lots of Patience, Patience and Patience along with cleaning your gun when her date comes over should help tremendously. And remember you will always love her and she will love you.

-
Back