Today is 4/08 day!

-

4eighteener

Reaction score
In the same vein as 318wr 318 day last month, I thought I would say Happy 408 day to those that partake.
Although I don't currently have a completed one, I do have one in the works.
Let me know what you got, or what's it in.
Have a good day!

20240302_153843.jpg

20240302_125538.jpg

Love me some 408’s. When my current 408 ran 6.06 on its breakin pass with an old set of Edelbrock heads I ported back in 2008 I was shocked.

That means tomorrow is giddyup giddyup 409 day,
and it is only 18 days until Hemi day.

None of my engines have a day, too big.
enjoy your 408 day.

My sister lives in Sebring Florida. What’s up with that little drag strip in that area. Is it aimed mostly towards street cars.
I will have to look into that, I wasn't aware of one being there. Of course it makes sense with that being a car race destination. I was planning on seeing the 12 hours of Sebring last month, but the $100 tickets dissuaded me

At least you still have Gainesville to race up by you. They closed moroso speedway down here:(
So far, Gainesville has not impressed me with how they run the place. It was fine for the Gatornats but the 1x/month bracket racing? Are you kidding me? NHRA supposed to be promoting the sport and only bracket race 1 weekend/month? And the March event was basically a wash as they never ran a car down the track until near 5:00pm even though gates opened at 8:00 and no rain until about 2:00. And NOTHING from the tower about what was going on until near 4:00.

Rant over - wish I was closer to Bradenton!

Back to 408 day!!

So far, Gainesville has not impressed me with how they run the place. It was fine for the Gatornats but the 1x/month bracket racing? Are you kidding me? NHRA supposed to be promoting the sport and only bracket race 1 weekend/month? And the March event was basically a wash as they never ran a car down the track until near 5:00pm even though gates opened at 8:00 and no rain until about 2:00. And NOTHING from the tower about what was going on until near 4:00.

Rant over - wish I was closer to Bradenton!

Back to 408 day!!
I am old enough to remember that most drag racing tracks were built during the 60's and 70's (probably 50's was the start) because people needed an outlet not to race on the streets. With all the 1/4 mile tracks closing and the rise in "street take-overs" it seems as if history is repeating itself.
Anyway, off soapbox, and Happy 408 day to ya!

-
Back