today is a VERY good day!

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
The reason that today is such a good day that my son in law gets back today from his deployment in Afgainistan. This was his third deployment and this time he was there for 10 months. People do not understand the price that the families of soldiers pay while their loved ones are in harms way! We should all shake the hand of any soldier we see and thank them for our freedom.

My son did 2 tours during combat. I know exactly how hard it is on the families. It's constantly on your mind. I agree we need to acknowledge all that these fine men & women have done for our freedoms and safety here at home. Rememberence day is fast approaching and is a great opportunity to demonstrate our pride and committment to all our troops in Canada,The States and all our alies, especially to those fallen!

I could not agree more!! I for one will be at the cerimony on rememberance day paying my respects. My grandfather fought at Vimy Ridge in WW1 and I hope to be at vimy for the 100th anniversary to honor him.

I usually don't slide my key board out to type until Arthur lets me
But to this thread I will squeeze my shoulders together and say
Thank you for your son inlaws service to our country and I am so happy to see you have him coming home to his loved ones once
again
Reading this does put a smile in my hart, like chryslerfat said in this thread
Anyone who serves is a hero

A very big thanks to your son and your family, it is a heavy sacrifice when they are deployed. Thank you for sharing the fantastic news of his safe homecoming, enjoy yourselves!

AWESOME! i know first thing i would want was a big *** steak or burger and a nice ride in a mopar lol

Unfortunately he is not into Mopars, but I am trying!! The first thing he will want will be a hug from his girls , a Tim Horton's coffee followed very shortly there after by a cold BEER!!

God bless your son for his service to his country, and for putting himself in harms way everyday for all of us!! It truly is a GREAT day, and he deserves those hugs, kisses and definetly the cold one!! Thank him for me too, will ya!! Geof

Great news. Shake his hand and say thank you from me.

Sorry I missed this John. As Waggin said, welcome home soldier! My bro-in-law has done 2 tours in Afghan, and may be going back for a teardown soon. Give him our thanks!

Please tell him I said "Thank You" as well for his service. As some of you know I do travel. When I'm in the airports and see these "kids" some fresh out of boot, and some battle weary, I always take the moment to "Thank" them for their service.. And there is nothing more moving than seeing a soldier coming home and his wife and kids (and family) waiting for them as they walk down the asile past the security gate, and the little ones come running and throw themselves into their daddy's arms with his wife following.. I have witnessed several of these occassions, and it still tears me up.. So God Bless him and his family for a safe return, and the service he has done for all of us.....

-
Back