todays paint on yesterdays dash

-

dartman 440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what paint code , in todays paint, would match up to the original dash paint color of jewel black. or something close . really don't want to spray lac. but I will if I have to . the paint shop says lac is way more cash and shitty to todays paint . but they want a code for todays paint colors. any help on this would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance ED aka dartman 440

SEMs Landau black and dry spray the final coat looks very close to OEM in my 67.
The original paint was a suede finish.

Easy. Do a search, it will turn up 'SEM landau/trim black' every time.

SEMs Landau black and dry spray the final coat looks very close to OEM in my 67.
The original paint was a suede finish.

You're so right about that, Redfish. I've got to do my dash soon....paint and change it from tan to red. Gawd, it drives me nuts to see high gloss dash paint on a resto. I've GOT to get the finish just right, like OEM. Thinking about even removing the dash from the car to make it perfect.

The correct suede paint is still available but it isn't cheap. My Challenger dash didn't seem to have the texture everyone else was talking about. I used the SEM paint and sprayed the last coat from a farter distance. It looks exactly like what was originally there.

On my Dart however, the paint at the base of the windshield shows a lot more texture then the Challenger did. You won't be getting that much texture from the SEM paint. Since the Dart isn't a stock resto, I'll probably be using the SEM again.

-
Back