ToddRon T56 Cross Member No Longer Made?

-

340sFastback

Reaction score
I ordered the ToddRon T56 Cross Member from Modern Driveline their web site said it was in stock they charged my credit card. Then they send email two days later saying they are no longer going to make the cross member any longer. I called Modern Driveline and they said no longer available and might not ever offer it again. I called number on ToddRon Facebook page phone answered right away and they said they expected Modern Driveline to keep making them that is why they gave the cross member rights to them. ToddRon said they gonna reach out to Modern Driveline and they would call me back. So might be fabbing an over the top hoop myself since it looking like the $700 cross member can't be had.

They told me they gonna take it off of their web site too....
1674837246267.png

Yikes.

I was going to use that crossmember at least to start with when I did my T56 swap, too. I will be doing a G3 swap at the same time using Holley motor mounts, which move the motor forward, so I was going to have to rebuild or modify the lower crossmember, but still figured it was a great place to start. I saw they weren’t in stock last I checked, and hadn’t checked back in awhile.

Disappointing news if it comes to pass. Far as I can tell, it’s the only and best option.

I contacted ToddRon Restorations who contacted Modern Driveline and apparently three are in their shop and will be off to powder coating next week. One will be sold to me. If you want one I recommend you call MDL cause they have two more on hand that will be ready to ship in a few weeks.

I contacted ToddRon Restorations who contacted Modern Driveline and apparently three are in their shop and will be off to powder coating next week. One will be sold to me. If you want one I recommend you call MDL cause they have two more on hand that will be ready to ship in a few weeks.

Thanks! Unfortunately, not in a position to jump on one right now. Going to have to hope they don’t discontinue them before I have the T56 kit I bought paid off.

Thanks! Unfortunately, not in a position to jump on one right now. Going to have to hope they don’t discontinue them before I have the T56 kit I bought paid off.
Yeah that cross member is big bucks....

Yeah that cross member is big bucks....

Not compared to the USCT set up. For the T56 you’d have to install their tunnel/perimeter frame and their lower crossmember. The lower crossmember is $345, the tunnel and perimeter frame (to make the upper part of the hoop) is $817. And then they you have to install their subframe connectors and torque boxes for the tunnel.

I’m sure the USCT stuff is nice, but I haven’t seen a full install for a T56 on an A body. Maybe I just missed it.

I have this crossmember sitting in a box waiting for my bb and t56 magnum install into 67 dart. Which will happen this fall, maybe in this summer.

I can take real life photos.... or well if someone stops making them. I will look towards the torch and welder.......

Uh, I have a T56 magnum in my Duster with a ToddRon crossmember. It’s in my build thread linked in my signature.

I have not seen one done with the USCT parts, is what I meant. Not saying it hasn’t been done with the USCT parts either.
Interpretation was off and now that you say that I remember reading your thread ;-)

Hmm. Wonder if the demand was not there? The Todd Ron crossmember kit was the only install kit I would have bought versus made my self if I went t56.

Hmm. Wonder if the demand was not there? The Todd Ron crossmember kit was the only install kit I would have bought versus made my self if I went t56.
When I called ToddRon and spoke to him on the phone he said his expectations were that Modern Driveline would keep making them. ToddRon called his contact at Modern Driveline after getting off the phone with me and next thing you know Modern Driveline calls me and says they have three on hand that need powder coated. ToddRon made it sound like if they back out of that commitment he was going to do something about it because he told me he wants those cross members available to the mopar community.

You get T56 kit from Silver Sport?

You get T56 kit from Silver Sport?

I did, with the 10% off they were offering around Thanksgiving it seemed to make some sense to pull the trigger. Add the threat that they might raise prices, plus the announcement that Tremec was certain bumping the price, just seemed like it was time.

I did, with the 10% off they were offering around Thanksgiving it seemed to make some sense to pull the trigger. Add the threat that they might raise prices, plus the announcement that Tremec was certain bumping the price, just seemed like it was time.
I just ordered a full auto to T56 Magnum kit from them too minus the shifter, cross member, and sheet metal but all other parts.

The prices on everything is getting crazy. I think it would have been a good time to jump around Thanksgiving.
The TR install kit would simplify the install substantially if still available. For what you get the price does not seem bad to me. You pay close to half that for just the lower mount for TKX.
The Quick Time bell housings are up in price as well but some aluminum alternatives seem to be more common now.
Is SST current install kit not the Todd Ron?

I just ordered a full auto to T56 Magnum kit from them too minus the shifter, cross member, and sheet metal but all other parts.

My Duster is already a stick, so I skipped all the conversion parts, the hydraulic setup they sell and any kind of crossmember. I expect to build my own hydraulic kit and have already bought a MC mount off the guy on here that sells an aluminum one and the slave cylinder is a $50-100 OEM one from a Camaro one.

Is SST current install kit not the Todd Ron?

Not sure I understand your question. SST is one company that sells kits, as do Modern Driveline and American Powertrain. Each has their own tweaks, American Powertrain has their own shifters and such, and Modern Driveline has the ToddRon crossmember. One includes (or used too) the driveshaft, SST has the option for an aluminum bellhousing instead of the $1000 QuickTime bell. Each is different.

The ToddRon crossmember is only sold by Modern Driveline and was developed by ToddRon. But it is only a part of the kit that Modern Driveline sells.

Pretty sure SST sold the Todd Ron install kit a while back. It was on my quote. Wondering what they have now.

Modern Driveline is only source for ToddRon cross member. All of Silver Sport cross members are the lower part only none of their cross member have an over the top brace.

-
Back