Tom & Dee

-

spinman_1949

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
As most regulars here are aware, Dustermaniac has some serious challenges. It will still be months before he can even begin to think about going back to work. I am not sure if they have been able to get any form of health insurance, and sadly Dee's battle is marginal at best. Over the last year I have tried to help as much as I can, but I too have had some monetary challenges in dealing with my cancer as well.

So I am going to make another fundraising request for Dustermaniac.

I will commit to $200 to start and kick in $1 for every $10 pledged. I will have to max my kick in to $100, but if we reach that goal that will total $1300.

I think it is doable without hurting anyone moneywise too much. Just post your pledge on this thread and I will keep a tally. Paypal will be the avenue to fulfill the pledges.

Thx to all

Spinman

How bout we do another benefit auction like we did for a member before? PPL donate items and ppl bid on em and the winning bid gets the item and the money goes to Tom & Dee.

How about both !! auction & paypall.
I don't have any auction stuff, but I
am in for $50 & 1$ for every 10$ up to $100 also.

I'm pretty much "against the line" here but I'd be in for 50 as well

To all,

If you have items that can bring funds through auction, then by all means. I have given to go fund me before and it is a good idea as well. I think Tom himself would be best to set up a go fund me.

Regardless we have two $50 pledges with a matching pledge as well.

So so far we have.

$200
$50
$50
match of $10
Match of $25

That is $335

We should put a time limit, so how about we leave this open for one week?

Spinman

the go fund me thing is a great idea.. the auction is too, how does it work? and the pledge thing too? can we put $$ straight into their paypal account?

thank you, I'm in - leave this open until this Friday (the 15th) ok? so auction - sell it on Ebay and go from there or...?

I just sent $200. Tom called yesterday but I was out. I will wait for another 6 days and then tally what was given for members offering matches to donate.

I know Tom and Dee will appreciate anything given to help. God Bless you all.

Spinman

Thx Mike,

By the way I got an email from paypal. Looked suspicious. Said my account was limited due to suspicious activity. Contained a login box. I went to standard login link on web and of course there were no flags or requests for information for account verification. Had I used the link provided in the email, I would have been directed to a bogus paypal site. I forwarded to [email protected]. They came back and indicated it was a scam.

Just an FYI

Spinman

If you have a PayPal account, they will ALWAYS address you by your name, not "Dear client" or anything else. Unless they use your name, disregard any other emails as phishing scams.

Gofundme sucks ***. I set up one for Kitty and I when we were really on bad times a while back and someone reported it as a fraud and it was removed before we received anything.

That said, I will pledge ten dollars, even though wen don't have two nickles to rub together. Somebody just needs to include where to send it to. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I have been going through rough times financially for the past year and a lot of Dee's medications are not covered. She has to have weekly blood draws from her power port and we need to have saline and heparin to safely draw the blood when the nurse comes out once weekly. Not covered by insurance. Also with my still being out of work with my wrist, I'm looking at two more months of therapy. Insurance company is three weeks behind on my comp checks. Went to Dr today. He still wants me to continue with therapy and he prescribed steroids for my arm. Any help is appreciated. My electric is on shutoff scheduled for this Thursday due to not receiving my comp checks. And I am a month behind on rent. It is so worrisome. Luckily my landlord is being patient but as I know he has to make his payments on the house to the bank. If anyone wants to help, best way is PayPal link :[email protected]. again I'm not expecting anything but anything is appreciated. I don't get on the forums much due to no internet in the house. I need to grab a Wi-Fi signal on the phone. Thanks again everyone.

Gofundme sucks ***. I set up one for Kitty and I when we were really on bad times a while back and someone reported it as a fraud and it was removed before we received anything.

They are doing a special on night line tonight on this.

Thanks for the help. Still having financial difficulties. That's pretty much a given with cancer related costs. Dee is not doing well right now.I'm at the hospital waiting with her. She is having difficulty with her breathing. The oncologist said she still has spots (tumours) on her lungs. Her medications are very expensive and we are having to deal with some considerable out of pocket expenses. If anyone wants to help us out, my PayPal address is: [email protected] Anything helps. Thanks everyone.

-
Back