Tom Hoover Has Died!

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just saw on DriveSRT.com that Tom Hoover, father of the 426 Hemi has died. The site didn't share any details. Just wanted to pass the info along.

I was at Car Craft Nats back in the 80's in Springfield, IL. I had just read up on the Hemi and it's development and Tom Hoover.

We were away from the stage during the part where they ask questions and give you a prize if you can answer it correctly. I heard them ask who the father of the Hemi is over the loudspeakers.

Nobody could answer... I waited and thought that someone would get it, but then realized that nobody knew it...

So I started running over so I could answer Tom Hoover and before I could get to the area, the announcer gave the answer of "Tom Hoover"...

Tom was an awesome engineer. Our Mopar hobby would not be the same without him. He definitely made an impact on our lives...

RIP Tom...

Great story Karl. I have talked to Mr. Norm a couple times but never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Hoover.

Sad news.

Met him at the Indy Cyl. Head deal in Indy earlier this year.

Attachments

• 024 (Medium).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 190
He also was involved in the development of other high performance Mopar projects including the 'Lil Red Express. R.I.P.

Tom Hoover

A real gentleman, who knew his stuff. Did it all without 'Computers'
and Technical Geeks.

"A Brilliant Mind"

-
Back