Too late to save this one

-

retsud_043

Reaction score
This is the perfect example of an A body that is too far gone to fix:angry7:.......I don't remember moss being part of the paint group:wack:
At least there are a few good parts left, and it's better at my place than in a pasture full of Clydesdales chewing on it
DSC04388.JPG

DSC04390.JPG

DSC04393.JPG

DSC04394.JPG

DSC04397.JPG

DSC04391.JPG

DSC04389.JPG

1971 Demon tag.jpg

And if anyone begs to differ........$1000 and it's yours:| JUST A JOKE IN POOR TASTE

DSC04388.JPG

DSC04390.JPG

DSC04393.JPG

DSC04394.JPG

DSC04397.JPG

DSC04391.JPG

DSC04389.JPG

1971 Demon tag.jpg

Trunk gasket, rear bumper, 3 sp. wiper motor, blower motor, seat belts, VIN tag and data tag still look salvageable.

She has seen better days thats for sure. Fixable yes, But not worth the time and money it would take to do it.

Great color combo in the day...

I love the White/Blue cars.

Looks to me that it needs a pair of 1/4s, a pair of fenders, a tail panel and a trunk lid.
It would be ok if you were building a race car but to try and put it on the road with be to much of an investment. How are the frame rails and trunk pan ?

If I were to restore it, leaving the .40 cal holes in the rear valance would be a must. That's ghetto fab!

We have a Cuda at the shop that has had the trunk floor, trunk extensions wheel houses, 2 floor pans, both quarters and both renders replaced plus patched every were else. Its all about how much you want to spend on it.

This Demon is only worth fixing if you have a car thats complete but has no frame rails left and thats assuming the floors and frame rails are good on this one.

That s#it will buff out!!!!! LOL I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!! It is too bad, It was a nice car many years ago:toothy8:

That s#it will buff out!!!!! LOL I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!! It is too bad, It was a nice car many years ago:toothy8:

LOL.......Thanks dustermaniac:toothy10:. Yes It was indeed a nice car once upon a time, and the remaining parts will still be able help to restore another A body

looks like a good candidate for the racetrack...floor looks in tact and fairly sound. i've seen much worse get fixed around here(michigan) I have to agree a grand is a bit much.

looks like a good candidate for the racetrack...floor looks in tact and fairly sound. i've seen much worse get fixed around here(michigan) I have to agree a grand is a bit much.

Where in MI are you located drunkerthanyou? Im in the jackson area

Yup.....except they're called E-bodies!!.....lol

True lol....alot of people dont think the A-body is valuable enough to even bother with an extensive restore.

Which in some ways is true....if its just a basic version of a certain model A-body, even in perfect condition you may sell it for what you invested into the restore.

Then again, there might just be that guy out there who had that car when he was 16 and wants one just bad enough that he is willing to pay for the memories and the experience and the nostalgia.

I got my duster that I would say is about 10x better shape for $500 and came with extras.....so I personally would not spend $1,000.00 knowing there are better deals out there,but hey....the right person justm ight spend it....demons are a bit harder to find than the dusters also.

I am sure if a guy with a demon project car out there needs a few parts and a title and vin plate they would be willing to pay $1,000.00 lol

-
Back