Too many ,mistakes.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Swapped a dying big block El Camino street racer,for a semi straight ,72(?); Plymouth Scamp. Rust free,I was good. Of course ,I massage things. Here is a start,near the end.

Thanks to : CrackedBack & Bad 440,for intelligent comments ,vs. my idiotic rants....Thanks.I'm slow as hell,more to come.

Tim's Resto 3-1.jpg

Tim's Resto 3-2.jpg

Tim's Resto 3-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Why the heading (Too Many Mistakes...)?

Oh I don't know Tim. I wouldn't call all of your rants idiotic. lol

Lookin good buddy.

The original reason,how I got to here: I built a "pump gas" 408,on my own. The machine work ,was perfect. Used KB 356's milled down,worked stock rods & balanced.(Scats,were not an option in 04..).I home ported,the heads myself(ith some bad *** help).,280-ish ,by 0U812... 4 inch arms,suck up so much camshaft....

Well you live you learn....bet your car don't weigh as much as my tank lol...and its lookin good....

The theme of the build: low buck/no buck, early 70's street/strip ride. Mounted a Hemi scoop/stock steel hood ,years ago. Time to make it effective. Low buck cold air induction plate. A 12.00 Wallyworld oil drip pan,home made template & rattle can Dykem is the start. More to follow....

Tim's Resto 14-1.jpg

Tim's Resto 14-2.jpg

Tim's Resto 14-3.jpg

Tim's Resto 14-4.jpg

I need to sit down and polish it real good. I also need to change my avatar to an updated picture of it

your scamp is pretty wicked though. I've always liked them, I just hardly ever see em.

Thanks.I'll tap your post today,actually have a couple questions I'll post....

Cool deal, Tim. Sucks on the oil pump shaft...but-I can't wait to see more work happening on it.

Some progress.... Started the front bumper,a while back . Chrome was shot,and I don't care for it (in this application). Sanded 80 &150 grit dry,hit with Dupli -Color etching primer. Dried overnight,hit it with Hammerite silver rattle can. This stuff ,is crazy.Back bumper prep: some Rust-mort & undercoating....

Tim's Resto 20-1.jpg

Got the sealing pan mounted & sealed. Measured and drawn out ,on the Dykem. I need to mount a 19" x19" base plate to the air cleaner base. Then mockup time.

Tim's Resto 21-1.jpg

:happy1::happy1::happy1:

- Really interested in seeing how this turns out. Do you still have smurf fingers?

:happy1::happy1::happy1:

- Really interested in seeing how this turns out. Do you still have smurf fingers?[/Q
Lol,no. I went to gasket match stock Magnum heads. The place I went to,had it in aerosol form. Funny,you asked.

Got the bottom air pan done this afternoon. Found some good aluminum sheet (.080"), cut it to 18" x 18". Measured ,cut & mocked up. Came apart for two coats of etch,two coats of flat black. The original centered air cleaner base,was too far back. Swapped for a Jets offset base, went with a 14" x 4" filter as well.(Fram CA 3492).

Tim's Resto 24-1.jpg

Tim's Resto 24-2.jpg

-
Back