Too many ,mistakes.....

-
Talked to lots of idiots,about fourteen years of due California back registation....AAA quoted 604 dineros,and kept telling me ,I needed smog on a '73 Plymouth.....Went to CARS regstration services...,Temecula CA...They knocked it down,to 83 bones,...but the 130 clean up bill... Sent it, Priority Mail...I need this shutdown,and closed....

Talked to lots of idiots,about fourteen years of due California back registation....AAA quoted 604 dineros,and kept telling me ,I needed smog on a '73 Plymouth.....Went to CARS regstration services...,Temecula CA...They knocked it down,to 83 bones,...but the 130 clean up bill... Sent it, Priority Mail...I need this shutdown,and closed....
your cal. tax dollars at work.

Had requests, for an update... The battery died, while sitting... So I bought a Wally World 24 series( 49 bucks!....), threw a remqn alternator & v.r. at it.... (Was running bad, without the MSD reliable voltage, bought the designed to drive plate, and a GM four pin HEI...for backup...) However the car lIt HARD... today, ...it cackles, and tuned in fair, by ear..... I don't care if it's in primer, drive it....

Bring it by my shop so I can check it out, mines primer also.
New shop location 1151 highland B

Day off... Installed a Hayden fan cooler module, flushed the radiator.. Swamp water black, in the cooling system. Tomorrow: jack up the car, install a real transmission dipstick, instead of Lokar street rodder billet junk....

Bring it by my shop so I can check it out, mines primer also.
New shop location 1151 highland B
Will do , Andy.... Must have moved in, near the ATV Buggy rental place..... See John Schierloh closed up shop, after thirty years... Ordered the dipstick, hate sealing the dipstick o ring.... Have a small detail list , that eats time, and the fuse is burning....

Interesting...day...off... Had the sister lined up, for a coil swap(06 3.0 Ranger. Setting off misfire codes on 1 2 3 pass bank) She shows up, water boiling , stuck thermostat. I do the coil and thermostat swap, she comes back two hours later. In a different car..... Seems she puked a head gasket, and is detonating anything off idle. I am greasy ,under my Scamp. 727 dipstick swap, no more Lokar garbage. So she test drives the car, seems good and solid. Makes a deal, drops me off... I check the mail, and got another goodie, in the mail... A alignment gauge, from Wally World... Jim Lusk posted an alignment idea, I will try... If not, have tiles will make alignment templates with a protractor,& and a straight edge for the forty degree sweep...

20170508_181620.jpg

Had a 750 Quick Fuel that was fouling plugs, like crazy... Re kitted the old trusty 4779 750 double pumper..Got it dialed in at 11" of vacuum in drive...tip in is sweet. Still muddy in cooling system..next job....

No ping?
I have a little ping when I get on it hard wondering if its the crap gas or I am too lean.
I have a carter 1970 340 carb. not sure what CFM that is.

Funny thing is I have a Quick fuel 750 I WAS going to try.

Threw some radiator flush, ran it... That wonderful California gas , melted both clear sight plugs, lol.. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.....;)

Threw some radiator flush, ran it... That wonderful California gas , melted both clear sight plugs, lol.. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.....;)
Only two steps back? Hell, that's progress in my book. I keep falling on my ***.

Jeez what are they mixing in pump crap gas now, brake cleaner? LOL...

You are using distilled water in your cooling system right? I've heard that Water Wetter additive also helps cut down on corrosion. In case you didn't already know lol.

No ping?
I have a little ping when I get on it hard wondering if its the crap gas or I am too lean.
I have a carter 1970 340 carb. not sure what CFM that is.

Funny thing is I have a Quick fuel 750 I WAS going to try.
Not yet, gotta install bumpers, do a top end job, on sister's '06 3.0 Ranger.. She cooked a gead gasket, right bank... and it's been missing with PO 301, 302, 303 codes.. (along with the usual Ford 3.0 v6 valve issues....).

Not yet, gotta install bumpers, do a top end job, on sister's '06 3.0 Ranger.. She cooked a gead gasket, right bank... and it's been missing with PO 301, 302, 303 codes.. (along with the usual Ford 3.0 v6 valve issues....).
Man, it is always something. Not to mention that huge procrastination gene I'm always fighting. :rolleyes:

Some progress..... rear valance painted flat black, mounts this week.. Still need to align, the fresh front end.....

20170709_182127.jpg

Pass side front fender & door, in Krylon catalyzed " low gloss black.".Three coats (a tack , a medium primary pass , to seat it.. 2 double coats, with a touch up gun) Harbor Freight's old school siphon feed Binks knockoff, aren't anywhere near the quality of twenty years ago....

Bought an Torker 2 340 Intake manifold, to go with a 3200 torque converter Turbo Action. 10 " inch. My buddy ,says " no " I know this torque converter ,fits my combination better... Just my honest opine, on who assemble the damn mill :)

-
Back