too nice to mod?

-

onebadfocher

69 dart
Reaction score
I sold my 69 slant six dart two weeks ago (basket case) and bought a restored 69 GTS 340/727. Problem is, the car is too nice to mod. The engine was done in march, basically stock with a street strip cam. This was the car I've wanted since I was a kid. It's a great cruiser, but its not nasty enough. Looks like I'm going to search for a clean stripped down slant six car and drop a 440 in it to get the kind of violent driving experience I'm after. Anyone else have these issues?

Yep. I did a real restoration of a 69 Dart Swinger 340 in 2008. All original inspection marks, I used all the original hardware replated in the correct finish, original drivetrain, etc. The car was absolutely CHERRY. I did a resto thread here on FABO as I went along.
Once the car was finished and driven for a couple of months, I couldn't wait to sell it so I could build a street/strip car, and thats just what I did.
Do a search under my username for both that 340 car, and the 440 convertible I'm building now. Both are in the Members Restoration section.

Best of Luck, bud.

George

I traded a convertible Dart I had done a lot of work to for a 71 340 Demon, and I'm in the same boat. Original engine, great condition, etc, but I don't want to have fun with it.

I snagged a 71 slant six Demon, and am painting it back to its original Green-Go paint, and dropping in a W5 408.

That should satisfy my power needs. For now.

-
Back