Too quiet here ....

-
I'm convinced the best relationships in life are with a car. I have too many cars, I've never regretted buying any one car but I've had mental anguish when I've sold them.
My wife is convinced of that as well lol, but she wouldn't mind if I sold some of my stuff

My latest is a 78 aspen wagon. Thing is badass. 440/ 727 but it's an unfinished project that someone else started, so I'm Fixin to fix it.

35 of my 45 years on earth have been thinking about Mopar
I got a late start in life because I never thought of being a car gal when I was younger. It all started in college because I was low on options for humanities credits and then someone suggested an auto shop class because it was 4 credits that I needed and the timing was perfect. I resisted because I thought "what the hell am I going to do in a shop class" I showed up and was the only girl, but after getting into the material, I can say it changed my life and how I looked at the world.

It was a basic bolt on parts class where they showed us how different fasteners work and the theory. They showed us many aspects of automotive construction and then we took a donated car apart. I got a wrecked dodge aires to take apart. I had no idea what I was doing but it changed me and I fell head over heels in love with cars.

Last edited:
I got a late start in life because I never thought of being a car gal when I was younger. It all started in college because I low on options for humanities credits and then someone suggested an auto shop class because it was 4 credits that I needed and the timing was perfect. I resisted because I thought "what the hell am I going to do in a shop class" I showed up and was the only girl, but after getting into the material, I can say it changed my life and how I looked at the world.

It was a basic bolt on parts class where they showed us how different fasteners work and the theory. They showed us many aspects of automotive construction and then we took a donated car apart. I got a wrecked dodge aires to take apart. I had no idea what I was doing but it changed me and I fell head over heels in love with cars.
That's a great story and sounds like a great experience. I was lucky to have both my parents car lovers. Neither were Mopar fans but both ended up being moparians because of me, I guess I finally broke them from how much I talked about Mopars. My dad is a hot rod anything guy but back to his old ways because the French car "Chevrolet" is so cheap to build.

318 with 340 cam. BEST...... ENGINE...... EVER!!!!!!

Nice combination:

20230125_111957.jpg

On Deck, next build.
Std Bore

9.2 :1 cr

☆☆☆☆☆

-
Back