Too quiet here ....

-
This should stir things up. Why are so many against the 318? What's wrong with improving the basic performance of the 318? Not everyone wants or needs 500 horsepower at the flywheel. If you had a car with a 318 and $1500 to spend on it, where would you spend the money? I'm just curious what most would do.
Stroke it.

I think the 318 was probably one of the best engines but they are much more loud than a Cummins. Detroits were always loud
You forgot about the mighty Caterpillar. Detroit diesel is a 2 cycle, that's why they have a different pinch / tone to their exhaust sound and they were junk. There's nothing wrong with a 318.

dan what are you doing on the internet, you should be out looking for a car. spring is only like three weeks away man!

This should stir things up. Why are so many against the 318? What's wrong with improving the basic performance of the 318? Not everyone wants or needs 500 horsepower at the flywheel. If you had a car with a 318 and $1500 to spend on it, where would you spend the money? I'm just curious what most would do.
assuming a bread and butter 318 2V here, that hopefully has electronic igniton?

used 4V dual plane- weiand, performer, port o sonic, hell even a 360 stocker- 150
used carter AFB and throw a rebuild kit at it- 100ish
XE268 or something equivalent, bare minimum a 340 stock cam- 300
used heads- edelbrock, speedmaster, stock that have work done to them- 1K
(if unable to source, deck stock heads, pocket port, and springs)
misc gaskets and nonsense- 100

anything leftover save for headers.

dan what are you doing on the internet, you should be out looking for a car. spring is only like three weeks away man!
Remember, I don't have the funds to travel everywhere looking at cars, but I've widened my search area. I can't believe the amount of project cars on the FB market place even with going out 200 miles from where I live. I'm on it though.

I'm not sure where you are, but spring is here in Fl, it was 90 degrees today
spring teased a bit last week, now i'm building an ark.

blizzard warning yesterday, two flash flood warnings today. it'll probably be 100 by monday.

Remember, I don't have the funds to travel everywhere looking at cars, but I've widened my search area. I can't believe the amount of project cars on the FB market place even with going out 200 miles from where I live. I'm on it though.
you're really hamstringing yourself by not increasing your search radius. there's plenty of cars out there, and there's more, better cars for cheaper outside of missouri.

when i'm helping clients chase down cars i tell them that a 500mi radius is the minimum.

Pulled my Dart out this morning drove down 70 to wentzville diner. Still has the low buck 340 904 83/4 the tires have about 2000 miles on them but have sat on the floor and had to round them out first but gets in on- of course not as good as the 318’s but good enough for me

You forgot about the mighty Caterpillar. Detroit diesel is a 2 cycle, that's why they have a different pinch / tone to their exhaust sound and they were junk. There's nothing wrong with a 318.
His point was that Detroits were 318 c.i.

you're really hamstringing yourself by not increasing your search radius. there's plenty of cars out there, and there's more, better cars for cheaper outside of missouri.

when i'm helping clients chase down cars i tell them that a 500mi radius is the minimum.
Well, I have just so much money to work with. As I've said before the more money I spend on travel the less I have for a car. The way it's looking I'm going to have to get a loan which is what I was trying to avoid.

Pulled my Dart out this morning drove down 70 to wentzville diner. Still has the low buck 340 904 83/4 the tires have about 2000 miles on them but have sat on the floor and had to round them out first but gets in on- of course not as good as the 318’s but good enough for me
Good place to eat

Well, I have just so much money to work with. As I've said before the more money I spend on travel the less I have for a car. The way it's looking I'm going to have to get a loan which is what I was trying to avoid.
you should probably just finance a new scat pack car then.

I can hook you up with 5.2-5.9 junkyard dogs that run good. Or 318-340-360-383-400-426-440,273-330-341-354-392, in various conditions. But you gotta start somewhere.

-
Back