Too quiet here ....

-
IMHO, with the fiat 500 having a 1.4 liter engine, it should get better than 41. Our 2001 Malibu with a 3.1 liter V/6 got 36.
This is a true story, for the size and weight of a fiat, the gas milage should be 60mpg but the best I've had so far is 45 all highway.

I guess people don't buy fiats for the gas milage, but for the attitude of the car because I love everything about it.

This is a true story, for the size and weight of a fiat, the gas mileage should be 60mpg but the best I've had so far is 45 all highway.

I guess people don't buy fiats for the gas mileage, but for the attitude of the car because I love everything about it.

The 500 Sport weighs 2400 lbs and makes 104 HP out of that 1.4 that was built in a Michigan Chrysler plant. The car was built and assembled in Mexico. To this day the paint on the car is still perfect with no issues. I bought the Fiats because they were cool looking and fun to drive. Plus at the time you could buy them for no money down and Zero interest for 5-years.
They aren't overly fast and they don't get the mileage they should have, they aren't Hondas or Toyotas.

For the last year I've wanted to buy a 2nd generation Subaru BRZ Limited to replace my Fiat. 2700 lbs. 2.8L 248 HP (144 more HP than the Fiat). The only thing that has held me back is the fuel mileage. Listed at 20/27 mpg I just can't see buying a small car that gets that poor mileage. Probably the reason I never bought the V-10 BMW M6 I wanted years ago.

Tom

The 500 Sport weighs 2400 lbs and makes 104 HP out of that 1.4 that was built in a Michigan Chrysler plant. The car was built and assembled in Mexico. To this day the paint on the car is still perfect with no issues. I bought the Fiats because they were cool looking and fun to drive. Plus at the time you could buy them for no money down and Zero interest for 5-years.
They aren't overly fast and they don't get the mileage they should have, they aren't Hondas or Toyotas.

For the last year I've wanted to buy a 2nd generation Subaru BRZ Limited to replace my Fiat. 2700 lbs. 2.8L 248 HP (144 more HP than the Fiat). The only thing that has held me back is the fuel mileage. Listed at 20/27 mpg I just can't see buying a small car that gets that poor mileage. Probably the reason I never bought the V-10 BMW M6 I wanted years ago.

Tom
20 city for a Subaru. That's horrible.
My Mercedes (2019 S560 coupe) gets 17 city /26 highway and its a v8, and a big heavy car.

the window sticker for the Fiat shows that it's supposed to get 33 hwy but I've been getting close to 45. I might be driving too conservative.
Its a 2018 pop with the 5 speed. It has just under 10k miles so it's still really original. I like the mp3 and Bluetooth functions. The sound system really bumps for being stock stuff.

Someone post something controversial, too quiet lately ...
Man, that UTG show is he gnat's ***!

1677255189297.png

318 with 340 cam. BEST...... ENGINE...... EVER!!!!!!

360 no replacement for displacement plus I've seen some really mean 360s in my time
When we are talking”displacement”? 340 vs 413, 361 the final say is”DOLLARS”! Every argument/discussion ends with how much are you willing to spend to go fast

This should stir things up. Why are so many against the 318? What's wrong with improving the basic performance of the 318? Not everyone wants or needs 500 horsepower at the flywheel. If you had a car with a 318 and $1500 to spend on it, where would you spend the money? I'm just curious what most would do.

I think the 318 was probably one of the best engines but they are much more loud than a Cummins. Detroits were always loud

-
Back