Took my 440 Duster for a blast up the highway for the first time!

-

Weak440

Thread Killer
Reaction score
So, after working on my car for what seems like FOREVER... I finally got a chance to take it for a quick blast down the highway. I have sneaked it in and out of town but, I have basically rebuilt the entire car. I am running a 9.3:1 440 with a 727 and 3.23s. This is the first time this car has been up to highway speed in over 10 years!

It ran better than I could have ever imagined. The engine stayed at 180 degrees, the transmission was a cool 130 and the oil pressure was a rock solid 70psi.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4TsxNFH0oU"]440 Duster Shake down Run #1 - YouTube[/ame]

I had a ton of footage but, I tried to edit out the boring bits. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks! I still have a lot of work to do. Saving one from the crusher is hard work!

Nice vid. Sounds good and looks like a fun cruiser.

Do all of the 727s have a delay when you bump to the next gear?

Good Job! Looks like we had the same idea. You've got me wanting to make a video now.

Nice! Congrats on getting her back on the road.:cheers:
C

Sounds great! That was a fun ride. Thanks for taking us along. tmm

I think it's a great looking and sounding car. I also think your big block and my small block should meet up some day and have a little fun running down the road. I have taken a few big blocks in larger E bodies, but never raced one in a car so close to mine. Whaddya say?

Thanks for all the positive comments!

I just picked up a GoPro, it is a really neat little camera. I am still getting the hang of it. I stuck it to the outside of my back glass and made a mount for my Handycam that slips between the top of the back seat and the package tray.

I am still working out all the bugs, This poor car had been wrecked all over and patched and rigged over the years. It has taken a lot of work to get it to where it is.

I just changed the valve body and swapped to a 518 pan with a temp. sending unit in it. Since I have rebuilt the suspension front and rear, ditched the power steering and pretty much cut the car apart and put it back together... I really didn't know what it was going to do when I got it up to highway speed.

About the only thing I didn't care for was how much the speedometer jumped around. It would bounce between 35 and 100 so... I ended up using my GPS to keep track of my highway speed.

I still have a lot of work to do, I will try and get some more pictures up soon if you guys would like. :burnout:

Good job !!! I forgot what it's like to ride in a big block car :cheers:
Congratulations on a trouble free shake down run, looking forward to the next one :burnout: :cheers:

-
Back