-

Baghdad Dart

Reaction score
My son bought a 70 440 350HP a few weeks ago and got it yesterday. It

was in a 70 300 and I actually remember the car driving around in Taylor TX

years ago. It was parked in 92 and never driven from that time. Well we took

apart today and all I could say with every part that we took our or of was

MY GOD...The odometer said 46K well everyone knows that means at least

146K or more. It was really 46 and there was no ridge at all..clean as hell.

Well except for the oil had turned to jelly. 906 heads were as clean as new

and just to see I poured some gas into both intake and exhaust, the valves

were tight and dry. He is going to update the exhaust side valves and just

clean things up. New rings and big cam and its on the road...MY GOD... I still

cant get over it. $500 does go a long way and got the 727 with the right

radiator to boot...

Jeff.....:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Great Find!!! That's awesome. I was only that lucky once..... but it was a 318 haha. I need to go buy a 440 powered motor home down the road. It has 43,000 on it. Maybe I will get that lucky!

Justin
"CornDog"

Got a 360 out of a Motor Home and got the same kind of luck for $400. Now that was a good deal. The 360 is going for the Dart

That's a great deal in these times. I once brought a complete 72 New Yorker with 63000 actual miles to keep it from the junk man. I brought it from a college student from Pa. The body was rusty from salt and the ps pump leaked. I drove it home for $50!!!!!!! The motor and trans when torn down looked brand new. Anyone interested in a thread about the best deals or buys we've made?

I just got screwed on a low milage motorhome 440. It was rebiult and when I started to clean it up I noticed the valve covers and intake gasket were pushed outward like there was a nuclear explosion inside of it. After taking it apart I found a nickel size hole in the number 7 piston, and a slot burnt thru the head and deck about 3/16 deep in each between number 5 and 7. Now the guy wont return my calls and Im out of about 900.00.

I got a 73 newyorker last year for its 440. When I went to check it out, oil was clean and did`nt smoke. 58k on the odo. the guy followed me home to retrieve his tag, I got out , still running, and now smoking. I told him he misrepresented this car. he just gave me a weird look. Oh well, I planned on rebuilding it anyway, uping the compression, heads, intake, carb. etc. I`d say still not too bad of deal for 800. I`ll salvage every thing imaginable. wiring harness, electric windows, rear,8-3/4 peg leg, tranny, front disc`s, even sheet metal. then chop it up and send to japan via scrapyard. Question, did 73`s have hardend exhaust valveseats?

I got a 73 newyorker last year for its 440. When I went to check it out, oil was clean and did`nt smoke. 58k on the odo. the guy followed me home to retrieve his tag, I got out , still running, and now smoking. I told him he misrepresented this car. he just gave me a weird look. Oh well, I planned on rebuilding it anyway, uping the compression, heads, intake, carb. etc. I`d say still not too bad of deal for 800. I`ll salvage every thing imaginable. wiring harness, electric windows, rear,8-3/4 peg leg, tranny, front disc`s, even sheet metal. then chop it up and send to japan via scrapyard. Question, did 73`s have hardend exhaust valveseats?

I`m not certain but I think they started in 72 when the compresion fell, so you should be okay.

I Think They Started The Harden Seats With The 452 Head Castings. If Thats What You Have, Then Your In.

-
Back