Took the ol' girl on her first long distance road trip

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Well,
Made it back down to SC yesterday from Virginia Beach.. Old girl ran like a top... The engine vibration's I had prior to the trip are no longer there.... Maybe the ol' girl's engine needed some hard running to straighten herself out and act right.. 70 on the interstate, 18 miles per gallon.. Was nervouse up until the half way point (4 hours into the trip) and said ok, I made it this far with no issues, Im home free...
Got in about 9:45 last night with no issues... Coolest part of the trip (besides coming home to the misses and kiddo) was all the thumbs ups and people rolling down their windows screaming praise at the car. Took my dad (he was an old school Vette/Camaro guy back in the day.. couple 427 vettes he used to drag race with) out for a ride.. got on the road behind a gent and his lady on a motorcycle.. as they passed up the thumbs up came out.. Then the lady did some of the most amazing hottest motorcycle passenger move Ive ever seen.. She flipped her legs over, spun around backwards on the seat and started taking pictures of the car... frugging awesome...

On a different note- went and bought some chrome polish, a Mother's powerball, and some sandpaper today.. took the grill's off, wifey lady went to town polishing the grill, while I sanded and repainted the center section. came out decent (better than it was... which is always a good thing)

Got to love road trips!- Classic American Muscle= Lets see your Honda look this bad a$$ after 40+ years :supz:

most fun i ever had was,,,, flew out to Oakland, ca and bought 67 cuda 383 cuda,, ( yep he had restored ( driver ) it and put 10,000 mi on it over 10 yrs) , yep it was dependable, drove it back to missouri ( ok it was late 90's and price of gas was a little less). couldn't begin to count all the thumbs up!!!!!

My mechanic buddy looked her over tonight, we went for a spin (actually we went for a romp on the skinny pedal) and he came out and told me that I stole the car for the price I bought it for. Me and him are going to wrench on it this weekend some (brake light switch is out of adjustment) and probably going to go junkyarding. Sounds like a fun weekend off!

=P~ I am drooling over your '66 (1 yr only bodystyle!!) and how fun it must be to drive (360 already in place.) You never forget your first road trip in an early Barracuda. Man I am envious.

Cool. Glad you made it ok.

Fun ain't it?
People don't do that for Furds or Chebbies much.

I am grinning from ear to ear seeing this great road trip read :D
Congratulations on a great time :glasses7:

Great story. Glad someone is getting to drive their car. Coolest trip I took was with my dad to Atlanta to buy a 66 f100. Drove it home from cincinnati in august with no ac but it was a memorable trip!

how friggin cool....am i the only one here who is wanting more of a mental visual orfthe female on the bike?

Got to love road trips!- Classic American Muscle= Lets see your Honda look this bad a$$ after 40+ years :supz:

Got 2 91' civic's, they don't look bad@$$, they just start and go every time (plus mpg's)-that's it.

This is what a 40 year old Honda looks like.
add two doors, and a 1977 clone of that pic is what I learned to drive on. I wasn't raised by a gearhead or on Mopars, but I got here as fast as I could.

-
Back