TOOL FIND at flea market Anything I should know??

-

rarichard

Reaction score
Got lucky today and found a newly opened flea market that had a tool corner. Anything you could find is $1. I personally have always used Craftsman tools and still have my original set from my 21st birthday 25 years ago. I think they are a good bang for the buck tool. I was happy to find a plethora of vintage craftsman wrenches plus the others I grabbed as well. Let's take a look at the haul.
IMG_7798.JPG

only thing branded here is the SNAP ON red mallet with one side missing. Pittsburgh vice grips. mini vise made in usa with patent no.

IMG_7797.JPG

IMG_7800.JPG

some other tools wrenches

IMG_7802.JPG

3 S-K wrenches
IMG_7804.JPG

IMG_7803.JPG

Los Angeles wrench

IMG_7805.JPG

IMG_7798.JPG

IMG_7800.JPG

IMG_7802.JPG

IMG_7814.JPG

IMG_7815.JPG

are any of these non craftsman wrenches anything special ? Like I said, everything was $1 an item so everything in all the photos I got for $45. There was still plenty of other chinese and taiwan tools available at the same price.

Cool see you also found a Metric Crescent Wrench. To bad they dod not have any left handed screw driver's too.
Tools i would ask.new guys at work to grab for me.

bastid, I ran down a high rise building to get a metal stud stretcher for a A H :lol:
I hope you used the sky hook ti bring it up them things are heavy.

I have lots of Sears Crasftsman tools. I was a Sears Authorised Contractor for many year's. I have lots of stuff. The store manager gave me his employee discounts even though i was not employed in store. Was always a contractor hired by them.each job, but worked fir them 16 year's. And also worked inside store on remodels, up grades and repairs.
I got 1st dibs on returns, and always had sers with one or 2 missing since theft was regular thing. Someone would take 1 or 2 things out a pack thet needed.
Story number one.
A little pld lady who was part of a large shop lifting ring came in. They would steal and return and get gift cards or sell the stuff.
She had a large bag was filling it here and there. Earl head of security saw her, and walked up. She starts swinging it at him beat him bad real bad. He was so beat up need ambulance. Looked like heavy weight champ kicked his but.
When.the cops came she says I am just a little old lady. 5 foot 110 pounds. They could not believe the video. We watched it over and over.

Number two. Two 20 something guy's come in window shop. Look at this and that. One of the guy buys a tool, then window shops more buys a tool. After 4 or 5 tools bought just walk past the large big screen TV that was bolted in and used ti be hooked up and walk out the door with it slow and easy.
Story number three may make me look silly, maybe i should not post it.

never seen them with the opening at that angle, i can see that coming in handy

Untitled.jpg

you dropped the TV ?
Nope them guys got a clear getaway. Just slowly walked out tge door to a guy waiting in a truck. We did not even know right away, 5-10 min after they left noticed it was gone.
Security's tapes showed them buying tools 4 times to un-bolt and screw it. Then walk out the door. Lady at the tool counter said she just thought thet were buying tools.

My silliness is far dumber than that, but not agaist the law.

Second on 67Dart!
I have a set of smaller ones from the 70s, Craftsman, my ex FIL gave them to me, he called them ignition (packaging may say that, don't remember).

Second on 67Dart!
I have a set of smaller ones from the 70s, Craftsman, my ex FIL gave them to me, he called them ignition (packaging may say that, don't remember).
That's what we call them.
I worked with a guy who said one day. Oh so thet make special wrenches you can beat on?
As another guy asked to use my tappet wrenches. I said no, they are thin so yiu can adjust rocker arms
There was a reason i never let him borrow my tools.
He beat a battery cable into the case once. Sonce someone told him tap on.the cable end to close it up. He broke the battery........

5.5mm is one helluva particular ignition wrench

The German stuff I'm sure is good quality, they have good steel. The older japanese stuff is so-so, but I'm not above using it. I think "Sears" branded stuff was mostly Japanese.

Nice haul. None of my wrenches match either...

Got lucky today and found a newly opened flea market that had a tool corner. Anything you could find is $1. I personally have always used Craftsman tools and still have my original set from my 21st birthday 25 years ago. I think they are a good bang for the buck tool. I was happy to find a plethora of vintage craftsman wrenches plus the others I grabbed as well. Let's take a look at the haul.
View attachment 1716132244
only thing branded here is the SNAP ON red mallet with one side missing. Pittsburgh vice grips. mini vise made in usa with patent no.

View attachment 1716132248

View attachment 1716132252

some other tools wrenches

View attachment 1716132254
3 S-K wrenches
View attachment 1716132255

View attachment 1716132256

Los Angeles wrench

View attachment 1716132257

View attachment 1716132245

View attachment 1716132246

View attachment 1716132247
That yellow handled hammer was a deal for $1. What brand is it?

-
Back