Top end noise

-
Here's the plan. I'm going to get a new camshaft and lifters, change the oil and filter, drop the pan and check a main and rod bearing. If there's no scoring or anything, I'll put it back together and break it in with zinc at 2500 to 3000 rpms fluctuating every 5 minutes. Sound good?
I,d also look into a new pump while you have the pan off.

Here's the plan. I'm going to get a new camshaft and lifters, change the oil and filter, drop the pan and check a main and rod bearing. If there's no scoring or anything, I'll put it back together and break it in with zinc at 2500 to 3000 rpms fluctuating every 5 minutes. Sound good?

No, 2000 RPM MAX. never lower then 1500 for the duration of break-in. Use any oil you want with the correct viscosity for your engine and add Cam Shield. Make sure you coat the bottom of the lifters and the cam generously with the lube provided by the cam manufacturer.
If everything looks good when you drop the pan and check it then I would suggest that after break-in while good and hot dump the oil, change the filter, add Cam Shield again with your new oil and you should be good to go from then on.

-
Back