Votes: 4 4.9%
  • none (keep them all)

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
-

Muad'Dib15

Reaction score
Just a quick poll/thoughts on it.

What do you think about the new Top Gear here in the US? Personally, I kind of had to force myself to sit through the first couple, but since the GM challenge I've started to really like them. I just think there is a lot of things that they could do here that the boys over in GB just can't do here. I have a ton of ideas of things they could do, but it would take a while to list them (I'd also have to think of them :D ) I have some pretty high hopes for it.

Also about the presenters. I for some reason or other love Rutledge even with that stupid name. He just comes across as the most interested person in the whole show on what he's doing. Not a big fan of Adam, but he's pretty good during the challenges and I'm starting to like him more. Tanner is kind of boring and just needs work on his presentation for everything. The biggest thing they need to do is loosen up and start ribbing on each other and interact with the audience a little more.

The show could also use a little bit of a different format. It should be
odd week 1, 3, 5 etc. Challenge, review/test, (news? but they seem to have cut that out) BSSC, challenge pt 2. and even week 2, 4, 6 power test, car review, BSSC, used car/slight cocking about. And maybe every 2 seasons do an epic adventure. What I really miss is the news. There are a lot of interesting things that are going on with the car industry over here that I think could be covered and this would give the presenters a chance to interact with the audience a little more. It shows promise, but it mostly needs more work and time to get it right.

Any thoughts?

Id much rather watch the original British Top Gear. Wayy more entertaining

The UK version is way better IMO. The US version just kinda seems like a small town cable version out of Aurora. I will admit to enjoying the truck challenge they did in Alaska.

The US version is just a rip-off of the British version, without the chemistry.

The US version isn't terrible but it needs to find its voice. When the US version of the office started I didn't care fo rit because it just didn't seem to work. The original UK version was so much better. It eventually found what worked for the cast and improved significantly. I think they can do that with Top Gear. It needs to find what works for them and have its own flavor not just be a copy of the British version because the hosts are not Jeremy, James, and Richard.

it sucks. i barely can watch it...after always watching the british version, then switching to this, it sucks....its not funny and the guys are LAME.....

In my opinion the all suck. If i watch a car show I want real info that I
can use.
And real entertainment. Like real drag racing or some autocross with real
guys driving them.
The only show that come close is the Horse Power on Spike.

it sucks. i barely can watch it...after always watching the british version, then switching to this, it sucks....its not funny and the guys are LAME.....

X2

I have never made it through 15 minutes of any show.

The American Top Gear needs some genuine entertaining gearheads such as Jay Leno, David Frieburger, and Crackedback's Miss Bumpsteer.

The only person that has any real automotive knowledge is Tanner, I guess you could say Rutledge kinda...Adam couldn't even drive stick if I remember correctly in one of the challenges? Stand alone...it "alright, maybe entertaining" but because it tries to mimic the UK version, it sucks in comparison. The challenges that they do are pretty lame in comparison to UK.

British version is the best, but US version has grown on me in the past couple of weeks. So I still think it's a pretty cool show.

I really like the Car Show on Speed Channel with Adam Corolla...HILARIOUS!

The UK version is way better IMO. The US version just kinda seems like a small town cable version out of Aurora. I will admit to enjoying the truck challenge they did in Alaska.

IMO that alaska episode was the only good episode.

I feel that adam ferrara is killing the show. There is some decent chemistry between rutledge & foust. Maybe because they seem like car guys. Every time there is a car challenge, adam makes a point to show up with a complete pos. Rather than look for a once decent car that's now a ratty pos.

The other issue is that the UK top gear has a rebellious nature to it. The hosts come up with challenges where they do some fairly illegal things.(Ie: racing the japanese train system with a new GTR) Where as the US top gear closes roads and does everything in a completely safe setting....boring.

"The Car show" is vastly superior to the US top gear.

X2

I have never made it through 15 minutes of any show.

The American Top Gear needs some genuine entertaining gearheads such as Jay Leno, David Frieburger, and Crackedback's Miss Bumpsteer.

Or STACEY DAVID!

"The Car show" is vastly superior to the US top gear.

Adam Carolloa carries The Car Show. The other two hosts are terrible. Carolla at least makes it bearable. That said it's still a much better show than TG USA.

Adam Carolloa carries The Car Show. The other two hosts are terrible. Carolla at least makes it bearable. That said it's still a much better show than TG USA.

I sort of agree. He does carry it jokes wise, but each of them bring a different perspective to the show.

The only person i'm mixed about is Dan Neil, it feels like he is either trying, or just was cast as a "dr. drew" type to be the straight man for Adam's antics.

Personally, i was hoping they would have some of the people from carcast on the show. I think Sandy Ganz(if you follow the podcasts) would be a kickass host on the show.

Carolla runs that show...the other guys are just there for him to pick on.

I like it. Tanner can flat out drive. Not that it matters, really. The episode with the Evo and the skiers was pretty awesome. I never saw the UK version, heard is was better.
As for the comment about Horsepower, wow, they may cover drag racing, but the Power Block is so full of hacks it isn't funny. Joe Elmore is lost most of the time unless the other dude is making fun of him. Trucks hasn't been any good since Stacey left. Musclecar has been on the downhill slide since Lou took off. I guess Rick is a great painter or air brush artist, but Tommy really adds nothing to the show. Now they have Search and Restore, but it looks more like 'Find Chevy and over accessorize'. I guess the dude on Extreme 4x4 knows his stuff, but I don't have/need a trail rig, or the means to build one, or the place to use it, so moot point!
Anyway, sorry to hijack! In summary, I like it...

Been watchining the UK top gear for decades, there was a version in the mid ninties, it was ok, the newer UK is great, and the US version is just barely palitable, Tanner Foust is a tool and is not a great driver. They other two well Rutledge as an expert is like having a mcd's fryer telling Wolfgang Puck how to cook. They final guy well he just isn't funny.

Yep, Tanner is a drift champion, professional ralley driver, a paid stunt driver... Clearly he is mediocre. I did catch one UK Top Gear episode on YouTube about the '68 Charger, or part of it. Was decent.

Ya he is mediocre, he was on comparo show on Speed with Paul Tracy who spanked him nearly everytime. Only time he won was when he had a far superior car.

Yet he has championships and is competitive in every series he races in and all Paul Tracy is known for is getting in fights because he wrecked people. Clearly a 'great driver'. But to each their own.

I like the show. It is entertaining watching others run the heck out of cars I will never have a chance of driving. The competitons are fun. I wish I had a couple thousand to spend once in a while and set up similar competitions with friends...Wouldn't it be great. OK we all have $3000 buy something and we will see who can do XXXX. I like both the UK version because the main host is great. I like the US version as well. As far as Adam being a drag on the show....his best move was the attempted double jump in the caddy where he bent the frame. I chuckled a while on that....I don't care it was entertainment.

-
Back