Tornado Warning in the Raleigh N.C. Area!!!

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
If there are any people out and about in the Raleigh N.C. area, please take notice of several tornado warnings in the area. Seek shelter indoors immediately.Sky is a greenish color outside my window right now.

As of this posting there are 8 tornado warnings in my area and Raleigh has had a report of a tornado touching down in the downtown area. Blinding rain and extremely high winds. Raleigh has declared a tornado emergency. I do not know what that means, I have only lived here for 3 yrs and have never seen this many twisters on the ground at the same time.Still have power but have had intermittent outages.

Tom, with all due respect, what the hell are you doing on the computer??? Grab your people and pets and those things you cherish most and get your *** in the basement. NOW!!!! :-D

<< went through 2 in 10 minutes in Louisiana ... where they have no basements. Trust me.

It's heading my way. Just got a warning for my county. Law Enforcement has been reporting actual tornado's on the ground all around me. Getting ready to hunker down. Praying that everyone stays safe. This is my first tornado I have ever experienced so close to me.

We do not have a basement
House is over a small crawl space.
We are going into the center of the house now. It's the only safe spot I can see to go to.

Hey, hope all is well. I see no follow up post and hoping that the worst case scenario is the power just got knocked out.

Hey, hope all is well. I see no follow up post and hoping that the worst case scenario is the power just got knocked out.

x2 on that! Keeping my fingers crossed here that you still haven't experienced your first tornado. Tom, please let us know something as soon as you can.

Dodged the bullet here!!! We literally had a line of twisters move through all around us and we experienced very heavy rain and winds. Area's around me got a LOT of damage. Check out the link below of some of the damage on the local cable news channels facebook page. There was a Lowe's Hardware store about 25 miles from me that got hit and was heavily damaged. Thanks for the inquiries. These things are very frightening if you have never experienced one. The wind was enough to convince me and it was not even a tornado force wind.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WeatherontheOnes

No kidding i just got word that a car i was going to trade for is blocked in by trees that fell in the storm :/ but its safe and they are safe

There is all kinds of damages everywhere. Several houses flattened as well as many people unaccounted for. The damage is very widespread across the entire central North Carolina area. Just heard a report that there are 7 confirmed dead.

I am at NC State and from what I understand one passed just west of us. We had to sit in the hall of our dorm and put a mattress against the door glass. I saw on youtube where some of the students recorded it off in the distance

glad you guys are ok, tornadoes are pretty common here in Wichita, just had the tiv from discovery channel come through town Thursday-- they all camped out south of here on I-35. towards the oklahoma border,, When it's daylight I go check the clouds myself-- hate the storms at night --you cannot tell anything & have to trust the weather people-- who like to see themselves on tv ,Lawrence

We had some bad weather last nite an early this morning here in the mountains, nothing like that though, glad y'all are ok...

well im glad u r ok we had to leave are home friday he in ok i live in a molble home my bro anit scard of them and said what bout the cuda i had to smack him told him can i replace u he well no f the cuda get in the ca and go

There is all kinds of damages everywhere. Several houses flattened as well as many people unaccounted for. The damage is very widespread across the entire central North Carolina area. Just heard a report that there are 7 confirmed dead.

Saw the news this morning on the telly,...Holy Crap,...worst in years,...Hope all is well with you and yours...

Wow glad to hear you are OK dustermaniac. I was looking at the weather network yesterday, wondering when our crappy weather up here was finally going to move on, and I noticed it was part of a massive sysytem. The weather system basically covered almost the enire right side of North America and was swirling while moving West. It is still moving about in Eastern Canada.

-
Back