TorqStorm on a slant

-

dddDuster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done one! Trying to figure out if there is a way to put an AC compressor on. Maybe under the supercharger where a power steering pump would go?

I spoke with the Torqstorm guy at the Holley Moparty today and asked if they'd done one of the "Plus" kits for a slant 6 that includes the PS pump, ac compressor, etc... Said they hadn't, but they do one-off unicorn stuff all the time so they wouldn't be opposed to it... He did say the kit now includes an extra belt pulley on the back side for a power steering pump. Said the factory pump location won't work with it, but they do have the pulley there. Said they've sold probably 50 slant 6 kits since they introduced it and he knows of 1 guy who put PS on- used a little pump and mounted it with some GM bracket he was able to make work.

I just cannot see the sense in power steering on such light cars as our A bodies. They flat don't need it.

I just cannot see the sense in power steering on such light cars as our A bodies. They flat don't need it.
Mine already has PS from the factory so I've never driven one without. If/when I do go Torqstorm, if there was a pulley spot available, I'd sure probably choose to run it to an AC compressor vs a PS pump.

Mine already has PS from the factory so I've never driven one without. If/when I do go Torqstorm, if there was a pulley spot available, I'd sure probably choose to run it to an AC compressor vs a PS pump.
That was my thought. If there is provision for PS, then very possible could mount a compressor instead.
Another possibility if PS was wanted would be electric PS conversion.

-
Back