Torque converter wight

-

74demon

Reaction score
So real quick question i order a torque converter for my 904 trans thats going to a 360 magnum i asked that it be neutral balanced and well its not and i was wonder could i just remove the wight or call them and send it back....its only part holding my swap back so really dont want to send back but i will if i have to

Just pop it off. That is the only difference in the converters. I assume your using a B&M flex plate so no need for the weight?

Show us a picture of these weights, just in the event they are only "fine tuning" balance weights

Show us a picture of these weights, just in the event they are only "fine tuning" balance weights
I agree . Example pic is of a stock neutral balance 318 converter

duster 10-15-16 002.JPG

that picture shows a weight to balance the converter...not related to the balance of the engine....the balance weight for the engine will be on the front of the converter...

The cast crank 340 convert I had had it on the back like a 360...if I remember right

that picture shows a weight to balance the converter...not related to the balance of the engine....the balance weight for the engine will be on the front of the converter...
Yes, which is why I mentioned it was for a neutral balanced engine. I thought the original poster might have seen a similar weight and assumed it pertained to engine balance.

This is what i was talking about the orginal torque converter off the magnum 360 did not have this

20161019_214612.jpg

This is why I asked for the picture of the torque convert. What you have is only the fine tuning weights of the converter just like what FORPHORT showed above. Yours and his required a small amount of balancing to zero or neutral the balance. The actual weights for an external balanced torque converter are rather large, and located in a strategically placed location between two of the four torque converter bolts. The bolts only fit one way to the flex plate, which now we must ask again like SEDANMAN asked, are you using a B&M style flex plate, with the semi circular section portion missing, for use with an externally balanced engine. Or has there been some changes done to this 360 engine

Ok i just found it odd that the orginal one didn't have this on it. I am useing the factory flex plate like i have done in the past just egg out a hole but this is first i ever had a torque converter made for one and when i seen the wights i just wanted to make sure it was right before i called manufacturer haha

Ok, so you got a 4000 stall converter, that should answer my own question, has the 360 been changed (modified), now probably internally balanced....

Stock bottom end....custom cam huges iron heads etc its pretty much a clone engine to someone elses just tweaked

-
Back