torque converter

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
So I have 72 dart swinger with a 500 hundred horse 440, 727 , 8 3/4 with 411s, what size stall converter would you reconmend, and what brand, and I want to drag race it.

the best you can get right here:
http://dynamicconverters.com/converters.htm

gonna cost you about $600, but you wont be second guessing and having to replace it because it sucks lol

if you cheap out, and have to change it later that means pulling the trans out of the car...

you cannot even get one of these unless you call and tell them your build.

lol. no where near enough for anyone (including the pros) to advise you one a converter.

best bet is to call a place like dynamic, ptc or ultimate. tell them what you want. be 100% honest about your combo and intended use or you will be disappointed.

Call a GOOD converter company and give THEM all of your info. All you will get here is a bunch of BS conflicting advice. Dynamic and PTC are a couple of good companies to call. They will need all of your engine specs, car type, weight, gear, all of that info. The more you hang out here askin for info and opinions, the more confused you will be, so go to the source. As said though, expect to spend a good bit, because a cheap converter will hurt more than help.

PTC is owned by a Mopar lover - Kenny Ford. They are pretty close to me and I have one of their verts going behind my SB.

Another vote for calling a manufacturer and give them ALL of the info on your car, build, usage etc.

Do it right the first time.

A good convertor will cost from $600 and up. If you streeet drive it but race rarely, don't get a race convertor. That's why you have to be honest. The right one will work driving and racing. The bad one will slip ont he street and be inefficient at the track.

ATI 10" 3500 tight . best all round stall for a driver /perfromance. I run a 8" 5500 tight wouldn't recommend it for a street driver. It makes heat cruising with anything higher then 430's. I run 456's to keep it locked when cruising . Speedo goes up fuel guage goes down

-
Back