Torque converter

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
What converter are you using? Mine came apart and filled the trans. I got the trans fixed and in need of a good converter, I am leaning towards a PTC 3600 stall for $435. I like the price, but some people have had problems with their 9.5 " convertors. What do you think and what are you using?

I'm using a 10" PTC and it works ok. Where did you hear people were having problems with the 9-1/2" PTC's. Haven't heard that hear.

BTW: Instead of just getting opinions on a board (of which some are correct and some are just here-say) you may want to call some transmission experts like Chris Andrews and John Cope and see what they recommend. I know them both and can tell you they'll give you the straight of things.

Also don't forget to flush your cooler. If the converter came apart the cooler probably has crap in it too.

I'm running a Ultimate Converter,its all he said it would be,give Lenny a call he's a great guy to deal with his prices are good and he'll tell you exactely what you need,and build you the best converter you'll ever use,i'm totally satisfied with mine,and so are several racers i run with..www.ultimateconverter.com

I'm running an ACC performance converter and I love it.....Nelson built it just for me and under $400. It really like the nitrous when I spray the motor as well. Honestly you'll be fine with and ACC, Dynamic or PTC they are all great converters. The best thing you can do is call one of them and talk to the guy and have one built for the intended use of the car.....that is the best thing you can ever do...those off the shelf units like TCI and B&M sell are okay but you'll be leaving a ton of performance off the table for what a couple of bucks?

-
Back