Torque converter

-

roadripper

Reaction score
Have 66 383 was gonna order a torque converter for the 727 trans ,2500 stall , now this motor is internally balanced , steel crank motor ? So I should get an unbalanced or balanced converter??

Any help would be great

Thanks Mike

Have 66 383 was gonna order a torque converter for the 727 trans ,2500 stall , now this motor is internally balanced , steel crank motor ? So I should get an unbalanced or balanced converter??

Any help would be great

Thanks Mike
I wish I could give you the info u r looking for! I'm sorry I cant. but if u would...tell me how to start a thread. Please.

Hey everybody!
I have been a member for a long time and maybe its because I'm getting old but I tried the search function to look for starting problems and couldn't find what I'm looking for,

My 74 D200 w/360 and stock ignition cranks but will not start sometimes but when I let of on key it will attempt to start. sometimes it will start, but most times it will leave me sitting!
I cant remember the obvious cause...can u guys help an old (71) Mopar guy out?

Not sure how to delete lol , but its all good no worries. As far as the starting thing it could be a lot of things , make sure you have spark , could be a faulty control box if it has electronic ignition

To answer your question..... you want a neutral balanced converter, meaning a converter that is balanced. It does not need a counterweight welded on it to compensate for the engine balance, but bear in mind that most aftermarket converters have been balanced to neutral and may have some small weights on them for this purpose.

You have a notchback barracuda for sale? Pm me...

Any help would be great

Thanks Mike
From the factory, on all steel crank engines, there are NO weights on the front (engine side) of the converter. I don't know who you're going to order your converter from, but make sure you mention the engine has the steel crank, along with all information on what you have done to the engine. A 2500 stall may or may not be right for your combination, but only a converter builder can tell you that for sure. Depending on what engine is in front of it, the stock converter is rated between 1900 - 2200 stall.

-
Back