Torsion Bar adjuster clocking???

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I failed to note the clocking position of my t-bar adjusters on disassembly...

Now that I'm ready to reassemble, where should they be?? Looking at them from the rear it seems at there are only 2 choices to get the bars in: 1:00 o'clock, or if I rotate one flat it would be at 3:00 o'clock.

Again, and as always: THANKS ! ! !

Are they original, and do they have part numbers on them ??

Good point. Yes they are the OE bars. Original slant 6 Dart.

If I'm not mistaken, the even ending number goes on the right side and the odd ending number goes on the left.

I got the L and R on the correct sides.

What I meant is where should the adjuster (in the LCA) should be positioned for proper range of adjustment when installing the bars.

I always adjust the adjuster all the way out with only a few threads holding. Then install T bar with lower arm hanging down. Whichever clocking works best. Mine would only go one way. You should be able to tell by doing the way I described.

Mine will go in in 2 spots, with the LCA hanging down. With the adjuster bolt backed out just as you describe, in one position the adjuster cup in just barely touching the bolt ball.

In the other, there is a gap of an inch or so from the adjuster cup to the bolt ball.

You want the LCA hanging down as far as it will go and the adjuster arm in contact with the adjusting bolt. If you leave a gap, that's how far the LCA will move before any load is put on the torsion bars.

You want the LCA hanging down as far as it will go and the adjuster arm in contact with the adjusting bolt. If you leave a gap, that's how far the LCA will move before any load is put on the torsion bars.

Thank you. I was feeling mighty stupid on this deal. Should have used some common sense, huh?

I'd much rather build engines...LOL!

PS: Nice looking fleet, 72!

-
Back