Torsion bar boots

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. Is there a trick to slide these boots on over the torsion bar? Ive tried and tried and im affraid of wrecking the boots.....Seems to take alot of force to get them over the end of the bar.Any help will be appreciated......Thanks.

This is what work fore me slide some grease on the bar,now turn your boot inside out it will slide on easy now once on flip it back,just wondering ED did you replace the lower control arm bushings you have gone so far now there very important to have new. A bummer, to pull everything apart once she is on the road.

Thanks Snake..........Yes i did replace them........I never thought of flipping them inside out. I thought i would bring them in and get them warm then try but that didnt work either. I will try this..........Im sure it will work............Again Thanks.Edd

Thanks Snake..........Yes i did replace them........I never thought of flipping them inside out. I thought i would bring them in and get them warm then try but that didnt work either. I will try this..........Im sure it will work............Again Thanks.Edd
Great to here let me know how that trick work our for ya,someone here told me how to do it.Got to love FABO:love7:

I just went through this, tried to heat them up in boiling water to make them more pliable, nope, that didn't work. finally i decided to slide them on a oil funnel i had to open them up on the taper, let it sit for a minute, greased them up and them popped right on.

-
Back