Torsion Bar Crossmember Thickness

-
I am not perfectly sure but after all the good used torsion bar cross members we have removed, I have not even taken the time to measure, but I would say 14 gauge. I could measure one with a mic, if you would like tomorrow.

I am not perfectly sure but after all the good used torsion bar cross members we have removed, I have not even taken the time to measure, but I would say 14 gauge. I could measure one with a mic, if you would like tomorrow.

I just cut mine out, I would agree with the above 14 or maybe even a little thicker. If i remember when I'm in the garage I'll measure it.

I cant say for that particular piece but... they often used somewhat uncommon materials. Many of the stamped sheet metal pieces were 11 gauge which is close to 1/8 inch. Examples are, console mounting brackets, column mounting plates, bucket seat to floor reinforcement plates, etc... If I had to bet a quarter.., trans cross member is also 11 gauge.

I had measured mine @ .105 roughly 12g. Rails front and rear were the same. Excluding any reinforcing plates.

-
Back