torsion bar one problem after another

-

danial

Reaction score
right side torsion bar wont fit in socket its like I need to turn one side
1\4".I tried lowering arm raising arm and nothing they are out of a 68 dart going in a 69 dart the numbers are the same.

make sure you adjusting screw is backed out all the way...so the socket can turn...

just went this crap earlier this week...

should be two diffrent numbers odd numbers go to one side and even numbers go to the other.....someone will chime in soon with the skinny I believe odd numbers go on pasenger side but not sure....i mark em when I pull them but i know for sure they are two diffrent numbers and they are clocked diffrently and that's why yur havin trouble...ust wait someone will have the facts

You can loosen the bolt holding the socket in place and turn the socket enough to get the bar in. Just make sure to re tighten it.

You may need to remove the rubber bumper under the UCA (Upper Control Arm). This will allow the suspension to droop another inch or so. Make sure adjuster is backed off all the way.

as said....make sure the adjuster is backed off the way...and then I used a large channel lock pliers and moved the socket on the LCA...torsion bar went right it...a little grease on the torsion bar helps too

you need to have a pair of torsion bars....one even and one odd, numbers go to the front of the car and they will go right in, as was said put grease on them
right side torsion bar wont fit in socket its like I need to turn one side
1\4".I tried lowering arm raising arm and nothing they are out of a 68 dart going in a 69 dart the numbers are the same.

It is the nut at the front of the lower control arm joint. It has a cotter pin. When it is loose, the bar slides in easier. It relieves slight misalignment. Only tighten the nut fully, I think 100 ft-lbs when wheels are on the ground and ride height adjusted. It holds the control arm bushing. If tightened, otherwise, the bushing preload is incorrect, it will quickly fail.

he's got this^^^^^
It is the nut at the front of the lower control arm joint. It has a cotter pin. When it is loose, the bar slides in easier. It relieves sight misalignment. Only tighten the nut fully, I think 100 ft-lbs when wheels are on the ground and ride height adjusted. It holds the control arm bushing. If tightened, otherwise, the bushing is preload is incorrect, it will quickly fail.

-
Back