Torsion bar settings- reinstalling help?!!

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
SO; took off my conntrol arms and everything, doing a front end kit and going full K-H discs. When I get back to installing the torsion bars into the lower control arms, what setting should the rorsion bars be at in relation to the control arm? Should that control-arm insert that holds the torsion bar be facing straight horizontally, or angled down with the control arm before I apply tension?

driver side about 2 o clock...

passenger side about 10 o clock....

you need to move the big socket on the control arm with a large wrench to make sure it is aligned up to receive the torsion bar..

With the suspension hanging all the way down, the torsion bars should basically slide right into the LCA socket.

Yeah it all came apart easily enough, the 2&10 is great advice! I'll be running it at about 1" lowered, I've adjusted torsion bars before. That big bolt can take my little 66 from hoodslammed to funny car, for ride height... But all I need is a little body rake and header clearance ;)
You guys are the best!

driver side about 2 o clock...

passenger side about 10 o clock....

you need to move the big socket on the control arm with a large wrench to make sure it is aligned up to receive the torsion bar..

I have never set them at 2&10. That seems like it's too high. Maybe I am doing it wrong all these years. I always pulled them down and put the bar back in. Is that from the service manual?

With the adjuster block in without the bolt in it, the lower control arm all the way down and the lever for the adjuster as far down toward the adjuster block as possible.

Always went back together right for me, and sounds like the way furyus2 does it.

-
Back