Total newbie Dashpad question 67 Barracuda

-

Badfish1

Reaction score
Hello, need to change dashpad removed everything on the passenger side but do I have to remove instrument panel or is there some kind of old trick to remove the rest. I hate to mess the instrument panel because all my gauges and lights work. Thanks for tips or info. Jason

You can do it without removing inst bezel but your arms and back will be cursing you. Take out front seat (s) to make job easier.

Im sure this is a dumb question but does the seat unbolt from the inside or underneath the car. Thanks again

Hey Badfish1, there are no dumb questions...just dumb answers!!!!

But that was a good answer, the nuts are under the car. Should be easy to get to.

Remember that here are not only five 3/8" pal nuts holding on the dash pad down the center of the pad, but there are also two small 5/16" headed bolts that are down near the bottom of where the ends drop off!!

That's right their are know dumb question's and you don't know unless you ask. Some of us it is just like second nature because we have been fooling with this stuff so long, but we still get stumped on things.

I know you're gonna want to take out the glovebox liner, and that small bolt on the drivers side drop??? That's a toughy!!!!

Here is a picture of the back side.
Like 4spdragtop said, it is much easier with the seats out.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 104
-
Back