Totally Bummed-------

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Two hours before leaving on a Lake Chelan getaway I couldn't stand the suffering of my little "Bow Tie Buddy" Monte. Took him to the vet for diagnosis and he was unrepairable. I put him to sleep and have been brokenhearted since. Don't even want to drive the Barracuda. Anyway here is a photo of him about three weeks ago with his prize capture.

Monte.jpg

Sorry for your loss DR. They do become part of the family for sure.

I’m so sorry DesertRat!! Monte looks like he was a great friend and buddy! I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Sorry for your loss. It was a year ago this month that we had to put ours down and it was heartbreaking. Never thought we'd have another one but recently a new friend came into our home. Didn't realize how empty the house was without a friend, waiting for us, with unconditional love for us. They sure steal our hearts.

Sending you my condolences, I know how hard it is to have to put one down for their own well-being.

Know that the little dude isn't suffering anymore and that you did the right thing for him.

Sorry for your loss. I lost a 3 yr old Dachshund, while i was away on training. Broke my heart. I have an 8 year old rescue pooch now, I just can't be without a dog i guess? It took me a year to get over the loss and to be able to find a new companion.

Sorry for your loss, Rat. You’ll never forget Buddie. We put a brother and sister cat down a couple years ago, had them since kittens, lived to 20 and 21 years. I still think about them. Best Wishes.

So sorry for your loss. They are family.

Sorry for your loss. It was a year ago this month that we had to put ours down and it was heartbreaking. Never thought we'd have another one but recently a new friend came into our home. Didn't realize how empty the house was without a friend, waiting for us, with unconditional love for us. They sure steal our hearts.
I had to put down my dashund 1 1/2 years ago. I have had some dogs over the decades but never one that connected like we did. It was so so hard. I still think of him almost daily. But I would not take anything for the memories, and the love and affection we shared. It is so hard everytime to see a plain red dachund.
For those have experienced this, they understand.

I am so sorry for your loss!

Try to remember the laughs, that's what it was about!

oh man.... there is something about Doxys that capture your heart. I never wanted a small dog until I inherited 2 Dachshunds and now I cant pass one without stopping to pet it.....I miss mine...

I’m bummed too, it’s hard enough loosing a great friend like this, but to have to do it right before you go on vacation is extra hard. We had to do that with our cat we had for 19 years, we all thought about and talked about him the whole time. Sorry to hear about your pup, he looks like a great dog!

56988F5E-ABA5-48D1-8893-837865C8E945.jpeg
Two hours before leaving on a Lake Chelan getaway I couldn't stand the suffering of my little "Bow Tie Buddy" Monte. Took him to the vet for diagnosis and he was unrepairable. I put him to sleep and have been brokenhearted since. Don't even want to drive the Barracuda. Anyway here is a photo of him about three weeks ago with his prize capture.

View attachment 1715205119

Sorry for your loss. I recently lost my 13 year old Rottweiler. They are loyal friends.

-
Back