Tough times

-
Sell it & live the draem now and finance one that's done! Every time you thought you would buy a part put it toward a principal reduction fund. You only live once, this way you can be having fun now. It will be cheaper in the long run without a doubt.

Where didn't you live in Texas?

I live in McKinney about 30 min north of Dallas.

I drove the car in high school and to my first job in Howe at a mechanic shop so fixing it wasn't a problem back then. I drove it till a bearing went bad (318) which made me park the car for awhile. Then I got a spark to work on the car again so I pulled the motor out to rebuild it then I got into some trouble with the law so I lost the funds to do that. It's been sitting ever since . Then one day I get a phone call that my dad died. After that I didn't want to work/build anything.I bought another project to hopefully help me get my mind off things which was a 76 ramcharger 4x4 with a 440 in it had a lot of fun with the truck till it broke down on me goin to work one day. Which sparked another idea to take the 440 out of the truck and drop it in the demon. But the day I go to tow the car back to my friends shop the truck was stolen which put me into I really don't give a **** mood. Ever since then I've been on and off with the car.

The car was originally plum crazy with a white top and a slant 6. What I want to do with the car is to have a bad *** street/strip car.

And hopefully I can get some money saved up while laid up in bed after my back surgery I having on December 16

Keep it if possible and work on it a little here and there, as money and time allow......
You only have that fist car once..... My first was a 1973 Duster with a 440. Built entirely from junkyard parts back when they were cheap and abundant. Kept the car for a long time even in addition to others. Sadly the car was wrecked And completely totaled due to some dumbass drunk guy T-boning it when he ran a red light going really fast. I couldn't save it........ Still wish I had that car. I was very attached to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 95
Dam that sucks man I'm prob just to keep the car like all of you said I'll just regret it as soon as it sell it

It's a Mopar, it will never be done. Keep it, and do what you can when you can. Going in for surgery it will sit, unitl you can walk, talk and chew gum again anyway. if it isn't costing you anything to keep, why sell it, unless you need the money? Time doesn't cost anything but another day.

Doesn't sound like you need to sell it.
Normally I would agree with those that say don't be overwhelmed and sell it for another if you can afford it.
Get somthing you can enjoy now. Driving is better than dreaming.
However, it doesn't look to be in bad shape, just apart.
And there is no price on sentimemtal value.
You can't replace it.
I hope you have covered parking at least.
If so it won't "rot" till you can work on it.

That's another thing I don't have it covered I need to get a tarp or sand the surface rust off the top and spray some primer down. But question wouldn't a tard hold in moister?

That's another thing I don't have it covered I need to get a tarp or sand the surface rust off the top and spray some primer down. But question wouldn't a tard hold in moister?

Put it in primer instead of a tarp. In our high humidity area I have seen vehicles tarped that really took on rust from the dampness. All tarps must have cross flow ventilation.

Question can you roll primer on? Seems like it would be a quick and easy way to get peace of mind til you can get back to work on it.

Ya it shouldn't be to big of a deal I used to work at body shop and I'm still friends with owner plus I wouldn't have to look at the ugly green paint job

Regular primer HOLDS moisture. So spray some regular top coat (paint) on it after the primer to help protect it a little more. Ever seen a primer'ed car driving around with rust popping up all over it? That's why.

My former wife always wanted the money for my prized 1971 roadster vette. We divorced years ago and her Narcissistic personality Disorder/Boarderline Personality Disorder (YES, POOR THING HAS BOTH- clinically proven) kicked into high gear and she attempted to separate me from my twin sons. She finally got the vette (I loaded it in a container and shipped it to France to its new owner) it was in the form of an attorney along with a custom 23' Spider Wellcraft with a 375hp inline B-6 Cummins Diesel with a Bravo-one outdrive and about $40k in cash and my prized Barrett BMG .50 cal (please no comments on the last, we are embroiled in a fiery court battle)

I haven't had a dime to spend on parts in three years, but I get my fix in the form of christmas and birthday gifts- I love my family:) They keep me rolling in parts and keep my spirits high. I wish one of them would buy me new front and back glass!! LOL

I am slowly getting there, hope to finish around spring time. And then, I am going to drive that 340 dart to the house I bought her and give it a redline dump at 3 am- or maybe not, back to reality!! She has BPD and NPD. That fallout would cost another 2 years in court and she would probably end up with the 1970 340 Scat Pak Dart too, or at least my attorneys would.

Got to look for the sunny days ahead.

Just a thought. I have a metal scrap man come by once a month scrounging for steel. To look at him you would think he is the poorest man you ever met with a sunny disposition, always whistling. I asked him last time he stopped by why he is always happy and he replied I make a $1000 dollars a week doing this, I started laughing and he asked why I laughed and I asked him if he needed a helper and if I could get paid. I never thought about selling all the scrap metal I have given him over the last 3 years. He started off in a 1970 impala with no back windshield or trunk lid, his last trip he was in a 1998 dodge pick-up.

-
Back