Tow hitch for A-bdy Cuda

-

dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to the owner of a red '68 'cuda F/B that tows matching '68 'cuda trailer?

There are pics of the car and trailer in RedFish' Photobucket account at this link, http://s102.photobucket.com/user/Ob...w.html?&_suid=1377560753283030557622522183675

RedFish told me he saw the car at a show in Commerce, GA a few years ago, and that he believes it is from OH.

My interest is specifically in the tow hitch. I would like to know if it was owner built, purchased, plans available, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance,
Mike Bynum
SW FL

Here are the pictures from the link you posted. I have seen hitches for sale on eBay from time to time.

Attachments

• awesome04.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 322
  • awesome03.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 326
I have a hitch on a rusty 68 Valiant, if need be I can get you a few pictures of it...

GA tag. He lives in south GA. Haven't seen him for years. The hitch goes into a receiver under a flip up license plate. Which is supported by tubing to the frame in the spare tire well.

I posted a pic of that a while back. Saw the car at Commerce,Ga.

My 69 had a hitch installed at one time. It was mounted to to either side of the spare tire well and the center of the trunk floor. Hence the replacement of the floor.

Yep, saw it at South GA Motorsports park earlier this year.

67-69 hitch that you has two holes/bolts in bumper.

Draw Tite: V-5

Attachments

• Copy of PICT0731.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Copy of PICT0732.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 155
Thnx for all the responses, guys. The drawing is great, except being for a Dart, the bumper mounts a bit different I think.

Inkjunkie, I would appreciate the pics. BTW, what sticks are you in?

Is there anyone in, or near to Sarasota County with a '67-9 Cuda I can look at and measure?

Mike in FL

I bought a heavy duty hitch from Mike's trailer service in Detroit (could be Ferndale, MI). I used to tow other cars with a half trailer. I believe it was a class 3 hitch that I bought from them over 20 years ago. It was mounted on a 67 cuda.

Mike's Trailer Service
248 546-5600
444 W 8 Mile Rd

Phone number 248-546-5600

-
Back