Towing stories & show what you tow

-
OK towguys, I'll chime in being I'm a towguy myself. Please use 4 point tiedowns on your carriers. The winch cable/wire rope don't count as a tiedown. Loose the J-hooks. If you are towing anything that's 1984 or newer, loose the J-hooks. Use your cluster assembly or tire baskets/straps.
ya what he said

Thanks Avarageerod,

That is mine. It looks nice in your pics. It actually was real dusty from the trip.

Old trailer, got me to Carlisle 2x and to Nats in Ohio. My buddies new aluminum trailer was awesome in comparison.

OK towguys, I'll chime in being I'm a towguy myself. Please use 4 point tiedowns on your carriers. The winch cable/wire rope don't count as a tiedown. Loose the J-hooks. If you are towing anything that's 1984 or newer, loose the J-hooks. Use your cluster assembly or tire baskets/straps.
With the junk I move it don't much matter:toothy10:

cops bad day
Then this must be a good day:munky2:Got a summons for driving with no HOOD!!This was going from the Carlisle fairgrounds back to the hotel and it had just started raining.He was nice enough to let ALL the other violations slide,like the obstruction of vision for the blower,gauges on the cowl and fuzzy dice hangin' off the mirror.When he came back to give me all the paperwork,he noticed there were no windsheild wipers.When he inquired about that I told him they were hide-a-way wipers.So he's lookin' and lookin' so I told him yup,hide-a-way wipers,they are hide-a-ways back in the go-rodge:bootysha:He did take a picture either for proof of the violation,,,,,,,,or to show the boyz back in the barricks that he popped a blown hemi driving down the Harrisburg pike:thebirdm:

Then this must be a good day:munky2:Got a summons for driving with no HOOD!!This was going from the Carlisle fairgrounds back to the hotel and it had just started raining.He was nice enough to let ALL the other violations slide,like the obstruction of vision for the blower,gauges on the cowl and fuzzy dice hangin' off the mirror.When he came back to give me all the paperwork,he noticed there were no windsheild wipers.When he inquired about that I told him they were hide-a-way wipers.So he's lookin' and lookin' so I told him yup,hide-a-way wipers,they are hide-a-ways back in the go-rodge:bootysha:He did take a picture either for proof of the violation,,,,,,,,or to show the boyz back in the barricks that he popped a blown hemi driving down the Harrisburg pike:thebirdm:
Better chop you up a hood and put it on there so they drop the fine lower. Take a pic and bring it in to court

what a effin' buzzkill... >:-(

Using my Dakota I brought the Challenger from Kentucky to Central PA. What a trip! Snow all the way. And the 1971 D300 dodge one ton flat bed dump that my Buddy was afraid to tow home with his Hemi Ram. So the Dakota did the job again. My Buddy was following me and called everyone he knew to come out to see my little truck pulling the big truck. I couldn't figure out why everyone was coming out to wave as I went by.

Tow vehicle, Ford Excursion 7.3 Turbo Diesel. This is the first time I've used this trailer since I bought it last month. I got it for 900.00 and it's like new, built in 2006, electric brakes, even has a new winch. My dart, in the photo, is on it's way for new performance exhaust. MMG

Better chop you up a hood and put it on there so they drop the fine lower. Take a pic and bring it in to court
I have a hood,just never bother takin it,gotta make me some hood toothpicks:profilel: ................................................................................................. MoparMuscleGuyTow vehicle, Ford Excursion 7.3 Turbo Diesel. This is the first time I've used this trailer since I bought it last month. I got it for 900.00 and it's like new, built in 2006, electric brakes, even has a new winch. My dart, in the photo, is on it's way for new performance exhaust. MMG 09-16-2010 09:02 PM Tow vehicle, Ford Excursion 7.3 Turbo Diesel. This is the first time I've used this trailer since I bought it last month. I got it for 900.00 and it's like new, built in 2006, electric brakes, even has a new winch. My dart, in the photo, is on it's way for new performance exhaust. MMG >>>>>>>>Your Ford won't even feel that in tow.

In the fire department we see some pretty crazy things too.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...14225207157_1578387732_30999896_6582719_n.jpg

It was a Roush mustang, kid driving dads car and racing a friend. He tried to shift into 5th gear but went into 2nd, big OPPS! Now I have a nice Roush paper weight, chrome cap with red lettering.
Hopefully no one got hurt too bad.I am on a few Police dept rosters as well.When you guys are done,I am the POOPER SCOOPER

SLR McLaren to M/B/Brumos
PC190842.jpg

Bob Akins 935
aikenk3.jpg

Bob Akins 962C IMSA
akin-03_th1.jpg

245433835pits21.jpg

Akin White Racing 944 Porsches Fresh From Watkins Glen 1988
adamracecar.jpg

racecarmag.jpg

racecartransport.jpg

Couple of 427 Trak Pak Rousch Mustangs
PC288568.jpg

Some Smart Cars
P1178686.jpg

My brother's Oliver OC3 bulldozer project
P7161782.jpg

My Dart
Melbourne.jpg
Is that you tranporting all that metal??

Everything but the Smart cars. That truck belongs to one of our owner-operators but I have also hauled 15 at a time.
The young boy standing next to the yellow Firehawk 944 is my youngest son. He will be 27 next week and has painted my 72 Kaw 500, my Dart's engine compartment, my Honda Blackbird and the Shaker hood on my Dakota.

Back in 88, while hauling the Porsches for Aikin-White Racing, I also ran a a 88 Super Duty Ford with a JerrDan roll back with the big wheel lift. I could tow our other Super Duty rollback on the wheel lift with nothing on my bed.

-
Back