Towing stories & show what you tow

-

HEMI-ITIS

PRO TOW
Reaction score
There are sooo many crazy towing & transport stories.Share your pictures,everyone likes pictures.I own a towing biz and get to transport all kinds of junk and also get to go into some really incredible garages!!!

How'd that BMW get like that?! That is just craziness

There was a boat and car collision on a bridge here in GA, the guy towing the boat didn't attach his safety chains to the bumper or anything. He hits a bump in the road and the boat pops off and all of a sudden is riding next to him on a bridge that is very narrow. Someone coming the other way hits the boat and it turns into a 2 car-1 boat accident. No one was hurt thankfully, but still pretty strange.

The local power company had this transformer brouht into the transformer farm at the edge of the subdivision. Had to bring it down my 1/4 mile test track behind the house. It weighed 463,413 lbs. all by itself. 323 ft end to end.

P5169362-1.jpg

P5169365.jpg

After they unloaded it off the bridge trailer they laid it on a self-contained
trailer. My vicious attack dog guarded it against theft.

P5169370.jpg

Sorry, HEMI-ITIS. No pics of what I tow. Though the runaway Merc would have made a great video. :-D

Sorry, HEMI-ITIS. No pics of what I tow. Though the runaway Merc would have made a great video. :-D
DUDE!!!That would have won all the marbles:toothy10:I can picture you runnin down to try jump in.I get a call yesterday about3 pm from a friend who snaged a tow for me.Trevor is from Barbados and is hard to understand sometimes,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,,, ALL THE TIME:munky2:He says something about a trailer and the wheel and how soom "MAHN",SO I told him 15 minutes.I get up into Kings Point there are 2 county and 1 village cop already on location.It turns out to be a 28 ft Sea Ray on a dual axel trailer and the right rear wheel/drom/hub had comletely come off the axel spindle and actually hit a pedestrian walkin ' on the sidewalk.I was gunna drag it up the bed outdrive 1st but after the owner disconnected the trailer from his van and set it down,the backing plate from the missing wheel ended up a 1/2 inch off the ground,so he asked if I could just hook to my tow bar and bring it about 3 miles to the launchimg ramp in Stepping stone park.I negatiate a price and drag it the ramp.He told me that on the way the first time,his pick up popped a fuel line and had to be towed by AAA,but they would not tow the trailer.So he had to leave the boat on the trailer on the LI expressway.He get his van to finish the boat transport and a few miles from the ramp the wheel falls off.If iy weren't for bad luck:bootysha:So he pays me and instructs me to back down the launching ramp and hit my brakes and the boat will "JUST ROLL OFF"I walk dow the ramp and inform the owner that is LOW TIDE and I didn't feel the water was deep enough.He disagreed and said to just dump at this angle.I shook my head and reminded him he is payin' me to do as he wants and pays me the cash:-\"So i do as directed,the boat rolls off the trailer in 1 1/2 feet of water with the *** down and the bow still on the trailer.I had 2 other calls holding so at that point I just drove away and the bow splashes in the 1 1/2 ft om water.I stop at the top of the ramp laughin my *** off.The 2 of tyhem tryed to look over the port side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the boat tilts that way,they lokked the srarboard side,the boat listed in THAT direction.I went fo my camera,but the batteries were dead.I wonder how long before the tide came in,,,,,,,,I left:butthead::wave:

The BMW was a teenager that was tryin' to show off to the little hottie from up the block.Didn't get a pic of her:snakeman:The car was not that bad,but the mailbox and lantern did not make it.

I want to see a tow truck towing another tow truck.Saw that the other day and it was really ironic :-D

Seen that quite a few times myself. We have a company around here who has quite the reputation of being a go-to company with oddities. Drop a car off a lift? He's the guy to call. (A buddy of mine did this. Twice.) He's also a penny pincher. Wasn't unusual to see one of his trucks being pulled by another.

Since his boy took over, though, the equipment has been upgraded. His boy just got flat out tired of working on the trucks constantly to keep 'em on the road.

Here are some random pic's of vehicles I transport8)

Gotta be in the gold coast area? (except for the mazurs pic queens!)

I bike through there alot and it's beautiful but it makes me sick at the same time. I've never seem so many exotic cars in one place.

Here are some random pic's of vehicles I transport8)

Gotta be in the gold coast area? (except for the mazurs pic queens!)

I bike through there alot and it's beautiful but it makes me sick at the same time. I've never seem so many exotic cars in one place.
You nailed it:cheers:Mostly Kings pt,Sands Pt,Roslyn harbor etc out to Huntington Bay.I also take alot of cars out to the Hamptons in the spring,,,,,and back after the leaves fall off the trees8)

I want to see a tow truck towing another tow truck.Saw that the other day and it was really ironic :-D

Couple of stories, but no pics.

Late '80s, my ex-father in law used to tow writeoffs from our Autopac insurer to the various wrecking yards that bought them at auction. Typical Wednesday night we'd tow 10-15 derelicts. One night there were a bunch going, and we doubled em up. One on the sling, and one tied to that one. I was the rear brakeman in the last one. Our drive to one wrecker was down Plessis road, where there was a local police station, so that was always a nervous time. Middle of winter, no heat, window fogging up from my breath, and the headlights on, I had the d/s window open when a cruiser car approached from the front. Trying to look "casual" I had my elbow on the sill, smoke in my mouth, and nodded to the officer as we passed. We made it lol..

Mid-80s snowstorm, we're out pulling cars out of the snowbanks when one of his buddy's call. His tow truck broke down. We get there, sling his truck with a car on the back still, and drop them both off at a nearby Canadian Tire. We had to cross the Nairn overpass, and there were a few moments where we thought we might have to roll backwards down and try again.

Grant

not much, but I'm proud of it. I saved a long time to get me a nice car trailer. So far I've used it three times since I bought it in April this year. LOL

This was my job with my new truck in fla. my runs were to texas, chicago and any where on the east coast.

SLR McLaren to M/B/Brumos
PC190842.jpg

Bob Akins 935
aikenk3.jpg

Bob Akins 962C IMSA
akin-03_th1.jpg

245433835pits21.jpg

Akin White Racing 944 Porsches Fresh From Watkins Glen 1988
adamracecar.jpg

racecarmag.jpg

racecartransport.jpg

Couple of 427 Trak Pak Rousch Mustangs
PC288568.jpg

Some Smart Cars
P1178686.jpg

My brother's Oliver OC3 bulldozer project
P7161782.jpg

My Dart
Melbourne.jpg

God Bless. Sounds like a great gig. Probably better than sweeping up broken glass too.:toothy10:
You have most likely seen me on the rt 495 or the service road sweepin' glass or pullin' dummies out of the woods8)

OK towguys, I'll chime in being I'm a towguy myself. Please use 4 point tiedowns on your carriers. The winch cable/wire rope don't count as a tiedown. Loose the J-hooks. If you are towing anything that's 1984 or newer, loose the J-hooks. Use your cluster assembly or tire baskets/straps.

-
Back