TPMS Monitors

-
Not sure, maybe more part of the serious tire problem a few years back where shops were selling 6+ year old tires. I know thry have cracked down on the tpms issue multiple times to try and prevent tire relate accidents. Youd be surprised on how many people are driving on 6+ year old tires and tires that are worn in general, its scary. Thats why i replace my tires every 5-6 years regardless of what the tread looks like

Warning; Opinion coming
I guess I won't say how old some of my tires are then,lol.
Hey , I can't disagree with your way of doing things,
but for me,if the tires hold air, they're going on.
I have had many rapid deflations since I got my license in 1969, both front and rear, and it wasn't ever scary.
But I've never had a "Blow-out", whatever that is.
There were the lean years where I retrieved customers discards because they still had a few thousand miles, or in some cases a few hundred miles, left in them. And I can't count the thousands of miles I drove on tires with shifted cords, and or cords showing, and the steel belts wearing off on the roadways, or with huge cracks in the treads. And on my motorcycle as well, but not to the fraying cord stage.Well except this one time,lol.And yes, I have had rapid tire deflations on my motorcycles too, both front and rear, and even two-up. On a bike it is a bit scary the first time, but subsequent rapid deflations, not so much.
I still have, decades old tires on the racks, waiting to be put back into service, as I need them on my DDs.
So in 3 months, I think I will have been driving for 49 years, and while I guess I don't recommend it but
If the tire is round, and I need it, It's going on, and I ain't even gonna look at the date code.
Not so on my wife's car, although in those lean years,she had her share of rapid deflations too. I mean we shared the same car back then. But nowadays,she piles the miles on as a Home-Care Worker, and her tires are usually done by the end of a three year run.
So I guess you could say I'm just lucky.
But I don't believe in luck.
I believe all the hoopla over rapid tire deflation is just that,hoopla; like so many other things in the world today, much ado about nothing.
I also believe in divine protection; But not luck.
Anyway
that's my opinion.

No worries, i think what gets a lot of people is that back years ago the tires were actually made of quality rubber, since the last 20 years rubber quality has gone down, tires now start showing signs of dry rot within 3 or so years

Hey!, I worked at a tire shop too! But as the alignment tech.
I got great deals on take-offs etc. I have three kids with a total of 8 to 10 vehicles in the tribe, so I always bought the appropriate sized used tires for everyone, and installed and balanced them myself. Of course I passed the savings on to them.
But I got a little ahead of every body, and amassed a sizeable collection of good used tires. I haven't worked at the tire shop now for 10 years or more, and no-one still drives the same vehicles anymore,except me lol.So I think I might have a total of 40 or more still left, mostly in sizes no one will ever use again. Well except me, cuz when I shop for a vehicle, the first thing I do is check to see if I have tires for it,lol.

-
Back