TQ kickdown and a Lokar cable issue?

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Solved.

I did this MOD with a older AVS in a old Duster thread I was doing years back. A fellow member hit me up to help solve his TQ carb and kick down issue with his Lokar set up. There is an issue that the old carbs have and the new carbs do not have. it is the throttle arm where your gas cable hooks up to.

Since MoPar used a rod, 1 or 3 piece set up, there is no provision to use a cable. Well, I got around this with a .050 thick sheet metal piece cut up. Now, I know this works on a AVS. I do not have a running engine with a TQ to try this.
We'll just have to wait on the other member. He'll need to drill a hole in the plate since I'm not sure where it will work best for his application.

Below is a link to the AVS adapter plate I made up.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91646&postcount=80

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91931&postcount=81

Now to continue on with the TQ carb. I ruffly did the same thing.

From the same sheet metal as the AVS adapter came from, I made a ruff cut out. Cleaned up the edges and used vise grips to hold it to the throttle arm. I then took white out to make a mark to drill the holes in the plate.

1st hole is going to be used by the stock stud and nut set up. The hole size I do not know. Just grab your drill bits and see what fits, then go the next fraction up. Otherwise fit may be to tight. This hole up top actually needed the stud to be turned into it, or screwed into it. A bit tight, but screwed in easy enuff.

The smaller hole used a spare tiny screw with a Philips head screw driver slot and a 8mm nut. This holds the plate in it's spot. A bit of lock tight should be used here to make sure it doesn't leave.

This plate is no deeper than the Edelbrock adapter and will not off set your current OE set up any more than the plate is thick. Again, it's .050 thick.

Drill a proper size hole at the plates bottom for the Lokar cable fittings and install, test, enjoy, take off, scuff and paint. Let it sun dry. Seems to work best.

More crazy designs coming because , well, why not... Just having fun right? :toothy8:

Attachments

• TQ-Lokar kickdown cable mod 002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 124
  • TQ-Lokar kickdown cable mod 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 123
  • TQ-Lokar kickdown cable mod 004.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 138
  • TQ-Lokar kickdown cable mod 005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 120
So, you've gone from moderator to mad genius.

Cool.

LOL, well, no. Actually, it was mad genius to moderator back to mad genius again. I'm always making a custom part and doing weird things outside the box. Thanks ;)

-
Back